Newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshany

Apr 8, 2004
I am a secondary student, looking for a digicam for project. My budget is less than $500 ( include everything ) I am not particular with brand... but i like cam with good optical zoom ( best to be like those in ultrazoom ) I dun mind second hand ... can someone help me ?

Firstly Welcome to ClubSNAP! :cheergal:

If you want a camera for project, wouldn't it be more viable if you borrow one?

As for economical ultra zoom cameras, i would think they are mainly produced by panasonic or oly. Can't help you with the model though, coz i don't use them often. But do seriously consider the purpose of an ultra-zoom camera, might not turn out as you want.

Poon said:
Firstly Welcome to ClubSNAP! :cheergal:

If you want a camera for project, wouldn't it be more viable if you borrow one?

As for economical ultra zoom cameras, i would think they are mainly produced by panasonic or oly. Can't help you with the model though, coz i don't use them often. But do seriously consider the purpose of an ultra-zoom camera, might not turn out as you want.

yeah. i agree. think u shld borrow one instead of getting one. more economical right?

Thanks!

But I have 2 more projects going on this year.... which require a lot of photo-taking . If I am going to borrow, it might cost a bomb ... so what about second -hand cam ... are they good ? Actually i dun mind whether it is ultrazoom or not, i juz need a good optical zoom cam

tshany said:
Thanks!

But I have 2 more projects going on this year.... which require a lot of photo-taking . If I am going to borrow, it might cost a bomb ... so what about second -hand cam ... are they good ? Actually i dun mind whether it is ultrazoom or not, i juz need a good optical zoom cam

why will borrowing cost a bomb? thought it is free? just ask ard from friends or relatives...

as for 2nd hand cam, they are gd if they are still in fine working condition... better if there is still warranty. u feel more at ease when u are buying it...

wat is "good" optical zoom for you? 3x enough? most consumer DCs comes with 3x optical zoom...

All my close relatives do not own digital cam. As for friend who own dc , i am not close to them. So borrowing will be out of problem.

I am doing a project which require to take a lot of photo , so if i happened to borrow a cam which cost $20/day and i borrow for 4 days , i had to pay $80 . And i have 2 such project this year ( not to include other project ), i have to pay at least $100 . :confused: Personally , i dun it worth .

I used a 3x zoom dc before , i think it is good .

tshany said:
All my close relatives do not own digital cam. As for friend who own dc , i am not close to them. So borrowing will be out of problem.

I am doing a project which require to take a lot of photo , so if i happened to borrow a cam which cost $20/day and i borrow for 4 days , i had to pay $80 . And i have 2 such project this year ( not to include other project ), i have to pay at least $100 . :confused: Personally , i dun it worth .

u mean there's such a service? digital cam loaning? $20/day????! hmmm....anyway, right. if its for projects, dun think u really need a high end camera do u? hmmm, maybe a fuji finepix a205 would be good enuff. a 2mp with 3x optical zoom. cost u abt $300 and less.... hmmm....fits nicely into ur category.... u might wanna do some research for it. :p

tshany said:

if 3x optical zoom is good, den u might want to look at the canon A60 / 70 / 80. you might want to check out the differences first. :)
these cameras are quite a gd start if u intend to go into photography...

bsplenden said:
if 3x optical zoom is good, den u might want to look at the canon A60 / 70 / 80. you might want to check out the differences first. :)
these cameras are quite a gd start if u intend to go into photography...

I second that :D

It might help if you mention in what way you will be using your camera.

If you are just going to take pic of an item on display or classmates' face, then just look for a cheap one in buy/sell. My backup digicam cost me less then S$200/-. It takes really good photos too.

Anything more the S$250/- is only if you intend to pick up photography as a serious hobby. Please don't spend more then that if you just intend to shoot a friends/group gathering or for a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.