newbie needs help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starvingjack

Jan 21, 2008
www.redarmycamera.com
Hi guys, my friend intro me to clubsnap and voila! here i am.

The main reason is because being a keen beginner, i have just sign up for digital photography for my sub module in my course.

I am using a prosumer camera, fuji S7000 , for the past 2 years, and so im thinking of changing to a entry level DSLR for more control. i am thinking along the line of

• Nikon D70
  • Nikon D70s
  • Nikon D80

Im also totally clueless about the resell value of my S7000 as well as beginner DSLR, could you guys help me out here? :) tks alot

hi and welcome to CS

don't forget the D40/D40X and D50 as well

D40/D40X and D80 are current models while the D50, D70 and D70s are no longer in production
PMA is around the corner so wait for new announcements b4 making a purchase

Hi Jack,

welcome to CS.

Maybe you could tell us more on the budget you have and what are the things you would want to include in your budge.

Remember that you're not buying the body and lens alone, take into considerations the dry cabinet, memory cards and filters too.

If you can spare the cash, go for the D80. ;)

hey guys, tks for replying...well i was thinking of reselling my prosumer, any suggestions on the price,the common range for it?

i could chalk up about 800 i hope, planning to have the body and a regular lens. i own a dry box and cards alrdy so im basically just looking out for the right DSLR. :)

hey guys, tks for replying...well i was thinking of reselling my prosumer, any suggestions on the price,the common range for it?

i could chalk up about 800 i hope, planning to have the body and a regular lens. i own a dry box and cards alrdy so im basically just looking out for the right DSLR. :)

Welcome to CS.

For S$800+ you can get a 2nd hand Canon 20D with kit lens (18-55mm).

Welcome welcome!

Well the best way to find out the market value is to search forums for the item that people are selling! A quick search in clubsnap show that someone is selling the S7000 for $200! Of course that depends on the condition, age, etc. etc.

Happy selling!

How about Sony Alpha 100 :)

if you are talking about alpha 100, why not wait for alpha 200.. coming out in a week.. in hk, with kit lens only cost less than 1k sing..

regarding which dSLR to get, u may want to refer to this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=342160
TS of that thread couldnt decide on which brand (canon or nikon). u can read the other replies to help see which brand or model of dSLR is suitable for u.

1 of the replies i find very useful would be this:
the one you feel more comfortable with

remember, you're buying into a SYSTEM, not a CAMERA

also, make sure you like the interface/handling of the camera, if you buy a camera which feels weird in your hands.. you won't use it.

look thru the specs/features/price of the dSLRs available on the market. decide for urself which one has the specs/features u'll need to have.
go down to any of the camera shops to maybe try out the few brands/models and see if u find comfortable using it.

i've nv used nikon, so i can comment on the models u've listed.
however, as im a canon user, i would say that canon entry-level dSLRs like the 350D, 400D and the 450D are all gd dSLRs too (since i've used 300D, 350D and 400D before).
but its still up to u to decide for urself. and also considering ur budget.

regarding the resale value of ur prosumer, u can try searching ard the B&S section of this forum to find out wad prices are ppl selling for ur model. prices depends on ur condition of ur cam too.

Status
Not open for further replies.