Newbie needs help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ong_23

May 20, 2004
East
Hi

Anyone here pls help.

I am getting a Canon EOS 350D but with INSTALLMENTS.

For harvey norman is selling at S$1849 (Kits), 0% inclusive GST. with lens book, 2 pieces of 1GB High Speed Card, Bag, Screen Protector, tripod.

For Alan Photo, selling at S$1600, comes with 1GB card and lens book but for installment must add 6% so it will be S$1696

For Cathay Photo is S$1630 ( 0% interest ) comes with 1GB card and lens book but I cant buy from cathay becos they only accept Citibank, DBS and OCBC

So which is better, I am confused.

And if i have bought it, Do i need to buy flash and how much will it cost for an average flash.

For the lens, I have check, 75-300 IS USM is S$1300 ( cathay photo) and 70-300 USM is S$430 ( cathay photo).

I am still new to DLSR, hope experts here can help. Thanks n God bless

Actually if you think abt it... it's almost the same.

Harvey Norman's selling at $1849 but with one more 1GB CF card... that's abt $130 value... and with the tripod, bag and protector... it's abt the same or even cheaper than CP's $1630...

You must remember... the 1GB card and Lens book comes from Canon and is part of the package... don't think that they are freebies...

philliptan said:
Actually if you think abt it... it's almost the same.

Harvey Norman's selling at $1849 but with one more 1GB CF card... that's abt $130 value... and with the tripod, bag and protector... it's abt the same or even cheaper than CP's $1630...

You must remember... the 1GB card and Lens book comes from Canon and is part of the package... don't think that they are freebies...

Hi,

I know that the 1GB card and lens book is from Canon.

Besides that, the 1GB card from canon is the normal one but as for harvey norman, they will give 2 Pieces HIGH SPEED 1GB card

forget about the 70-300 for now .. and why not get 2nd hand first? someone is sellign the 350d here i think.

check the buy and sell

just a word of caution, buying a dslr is just the beginning of a downward spiral of spending money on this very expensive hobby.

JediForce4ever said:
Or you can also wait for Oracle's 350D MO to come..if there is demand..he might conduct one.

Thanks ! I still have one set avaliable! $1550 with free 1gb scandisk or lexar cf card and eos book. Check my buy/sell thread. interested please call me at 81281225. :bsmilie:

The Oracle said:
Thanks ! I still have one set avaliable! $1550 with free 1gb scandisk or lexar cf card and eos book. Check my buy/sell thread. interested please call me at 81281225. :bsmilie:

Hi,

I have mentioned earlier, I wanna buy by Installments. Thanks for you offer anyway. God bless

Ong_23 said:
Hi,

I know that the 1GB card and lens book is from Canon.

Besides that, the 1GB card from canon is the normal one but as for harvey norman, they will give 2 Pieces HIGH SPEED 1GB card

Hi,

Are you sure abt that? I believe only one of the card is from HN... the other card you still have to collect from Canon and it's the Sandisk Ultra II 66x.

So, you seem to have answered your own question... for me, HN is the way to go if you wanna pay instalments. With the extra stuff, it's the same as getting from AP (which is your other option)

philliptan said:
Hi,

Are you sure abt that? I believe only one of the card is from HN... the other card you still have to collect from Canon and it's the Sandisk Ultra II 66x.

So, you seem to have answered your own question... for me, HN is the way to go if you wanna pay instalments. With the extra stuff, it's the same as getting from AP (which is your other option)

Hi, I can get both card on the spot ( Harvey Norman ). And, they give HIGH SPEED 1GB card.

If AP, the price is S$1600 with GST ( installment must add 6%, which is S$1696) and it comes with lens book and 1GB card only.

Ong_23 said:
Hi, I can get both card on the spot ( Harvey Norman ). And, they give HIGH SPEED 1GB card.

If AP, the price is S$1600 with GST ( installment must add 6%, which is S$1696) and it comes with lens book and 1GB card only.

But, I am not sure about the tripod and the bag that HN is going to give me... cos I prefer the Lowepro bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.