Newbie needs help with photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest reading the thousands on online articles that cover this, as well as the stickies in the newbies section, as well as your manual.

If you want someone to teach you, then how much are you willing to pay for the lesson?

There are courses available if you want training. Google Objectifs. They are Singaporean based training centre. Not too bad.

Or like what is mentioned above, you can read all those articles online and within ClubSNAP and slowly get a hang of shooting. There is no short cut in photography. Keep shooting and shooting. This is not relevant in this section of the forums so I am moving this thread out.

newbie here too. just bought a Nikon D5000 Kit today. and i'm still browsing the forum.

have been browsing the forum for years already. alot of nice people to guide you, that is if they don't keep telling you 'read the manual! search! google!' :D

take it easy, play around, take time to read the manual, read articles, step by step! ;)

i'm a beginner.. so this is wat i do
non moving object: best use tripod and low shutter speed
moving object: use flash...
moving object without flash: just keep trying... maybe out of 50 shots, 1 shot is clear.. can use higher shutter speed and go for high iso ;p

can anybody teach me how to take good pictures using dslr camera,especially night photograhy.

view more

read more

post more,

think more

and receive good critique (it is not hard to filter out good critique, they won't tell you GOOD JOB unless the photo is really good **** and bulletproof.. and they will always tell you what is wrong, what can be done better) with an open mind and heart.

can anybody teach me how to take good pictures using dslr camera,especially night photograhy.

Photography is all about the correct amount of light that the sensor will take in. If you are shooting people with low light, then you need a an aperture that is as big as possible, ie f2.8, need higher ISO >800, faster shutter speed, 1/50 to prevent image blur, a flash is recommended. These are all just examples you can follow. If you want a photo with lesser noise, then you should decrease the ISO to 400 or 200. A tripod will help alot.

im not any pro photographer but what i realise when i first started is for night photography, you definitely need a good and sturdy tripod! no doubts abt that.
Next, you need to shoot at the lowest ISO possible to have the best image clarity your camera/lens can offer. at night, longer exposures. but taking note of the factors that come with that. Trees, water surface, moving vehicles all will have certain effect when exposing for long.

With that said, thats more for still objects. (landscapes, architecture etc) if you wan to shoot events as in clubs etc, definitely an external flash and if possible a 'fast' lens. (f2.8 or lower) or maybe some lens with VR/IS.
Some swear upon a f2.8 over a VR lens. well, i guess its personal preference.

Just my 2cents worth. Pros out there, correct me if im wrong. ;)

Congrats to those with newly acquired dSLR!! Cheers.. Happy new year!

Thank you for ur help.im still very new to photography n i really am very interested in this line.

Thank you for ur help.im still very new to photography n i really am very interested in this line.

So start reading the many stickies in the Night Photography section of CS.

So start reading the many stickies in the Night Photography section of CS.

Agree. The Night Photography sub-section has stickies that are very informative. Also read the stickies on other sub-forums for area of interest.

if you are looking for hands on, try looking for those Night Shoot gatherings.

wait for a nice night, get your stuff and out you go shooting! :bsmilie:

dun have to worry what to take.. just snap your night away. get used to the settings and you'll learn along the way. experiment with the different combi in terms of settings. see how each setting gives you the different results. (ISO, shutter speed, aperture etc)

Read up more and most importantly shoot more. thats how i learn. Enjoy!

if you do come across any good stuff or good settings, do share with me! i want to learn too. :bsmilie:

Get started with Manual mode. Ignore the Automatic mode, going manual lets u understand the need for precise aperture, iso, shutter speed control.

i would strongly recommend you start with day and outdoor shooting because you wont be able to learn anyting shooting in the dark ;), only letting those strong flashes spoils your shot. Have Fun and welcome to photography!!:D

The best way to learn is to shoot alot. After shooting, you may want to post pics here and the gurus around will be glad to help you and improve your shooting. You should also read up the tutorials in youtube and magazines to improve on composition, exposure and many more..

thankz guy for ur info...i already post my pic at night photography..i need some comment and tip..thankz guy for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.