Newbie needs help regarding tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonathan

I'm supposed to screw the camera onto that piece right? Whats the extra metal thing you see there for?

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

not sure I m correct or not ... the extra metal thing is to indicate the front part ... mean u should fix the camera with this thing facing the front ...

if i'm not wrong, you got a photo/video tripod rite? the extra metal knob thing is for video cams to make sure that the videocam is pointing straight and in the rite direction, for tilting and panning purposes. there's an extra hole for the knob. for still cams it doesn't matter so much cos you can adjust it anyway.

Yes in the older cam and most video cam esp the older generation ones. there are 2 holes...
one is the mounting holding and the other, the alightment one.

Hopes that help!

Originally posted by firefox13
if i'm not wrong, you got a photo/video tripod rite? the extra metal knob thing is for video cams to make sure that the videocam is pointing straight and in the rite direction, for tilting and panning purposes. there's an extra hole for the knob. for still cams it doesn't matter so much cos you can adjust it anyway.

Ah i see.. My tripod is a Canon Tripod 300, and it says "Photo/Video Accessories"

So, what are the difference with the different tripods?

Originally posted by megaweb
oops ... give wrong answer .. :embrass:
actually you weren't that far off... the little knob IS to orientate the camera to the front... just not the camera u're thinking of.

anyway it's the thought that counts... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies :)

Anyway, "So, what are the difference with the different tripods?", can someone answer? Or is there another forum I should go to for answers?

sorry don't really get you. you mean the difference between a video and a photo tripod?

Originally posted by firefox13
sorry don't really get you. you mean the difference between a video and a photo tripod?

Actually I mean the different tripod models out there... There *are* different models for tripods right?

Status
Not open for further replies.