Newbie needs help, 550d can go low temp country?

momoca

Jan 26, 2008
hi everyone,

i'll be going japan this fall..
is there any precaution for me to bring canon 550d to cold country?

*I saw 550d's spec, working condition for camera is 0 degree C n above.

hi everyone,

i'll be going japan this fall..
is there any precaution for me to bring canon 550d to cold country?

*I saw 550d's spec, working condition for camera is 0 degree C n above.

No worries...your camera can survive there. Fall is over. It's now winter. BTW the camera was made there so it can definitely be used there with no problems. The only precaution is to make sure you keep your fingers warm otherwise you may get frost bite.:cool:

No worries...your camera can survive there. Fall is over. It's now winter. BTW the camera was made there so it can definitely be used there with no problems. The only precaution is to make sure you keep your fingers warm otherwise you may get frost bite.:cool:

oops. sorry for my gramma. i mean winter.. think the temp is below 10 to -6...
so i was worried abt condensation when i going into a warm room.

haha... i have get myself a glove..

do i need a heat pad for battery?

Canon is made in Japan, right? Why would they produce a camera that cannot stand the 'home climate'?

My digital camera which is about 11 years ago can survive -19 deg C, no issue. But only for about 3 hours time out in the open. :) Anyway the person (you) prob will be friggin cold by then. Changed 2 sets of 4xAA batteries with each set only able to take about 60 pix (Alkaline). Not sure about lithium.

just enjoy your trip and enjoy shooting . . . :)

only when you enter a warm area (from a cold place) then there will condensation . . . just need to wait a little while and you can start shooting again . . . :)

I wonder why all those people buy 550D in Russia or Switzerland, since their winters can get really cold...

10 to -6 deg C is nothing... Not considered cold. I used my D90 in -25 to -30 temps and it worked flawlessly.

oic.. thanks thanks. :)