Newbie needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAW will allow more room for post processing. I believe many of the ppl that shoot in DSLR would prefer to shoot in RAW, and than go for post processing like adjusting white balance etc.

Personally, I shoot in RAW + Jpeg on my D70s. Than do post processing on them. RAW is the way!

happitreesmiles,

RAW is the preferred format for the pros as it does provide better quality. But it does require more time spent doing post processing.

However, for the majority of newbies and casual shooters, JPEG will be good enough. There will be enough for you to learn in improving your shooting skills without having to worry about the slightly lower quality of JPEG. I believe for newbies, time will be better spent shooting than post-processing.. ;)

For me, i'm still shooting JPEG.. :bsmilie:

Your choice of camera should be based on your needs and shooting preferences. The main plus points of the S3IS is the long zoom with IS and the swivel LCD. These will be useful if you like to shoot sports events and/or macros. However, it won't fit in your average pocket or small purse.. ;p

Surf the net for information. Its free and u dont have to leave the house. Then get out and shoot as much as u can. Nothing beats practice. Dont worry about the equipment.
http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.