Newbie needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Welcome to photography.

Well, being here is a good way to start coz you can take a look at the various genres of photography and of coz look thru the technical aspects of taking photos.

Start by getting a camera and start shooting some the things you like and then look through books to improve your techniques :)
Apply analysis to some of the photos you like and ask questions to clear your doubts and then apply what you learn.

Over time, you will improve with experience :)

keep on shooting!

well, just get shooting something! photography is like driving, the more you drive, the better you are! simply need a Nikon D50 or canon 350D is good enough to start DSLR photography.
i dont recommend you wasting your $899 on all those slim cameras. might as well get a used D50 body and some lens you are ready!

Yup, i would say D50, or actually, why not get a 2nd hand D70/D70s with a basic setup, might cost about 1.5K or less. Then u can start some serious photography!

or find a system that your close frens might have. then can cut some cost by sharing lens.

thats wat i do actually.

in any case, shoot more, ask questions, read up. that wat i am doing now...

for me, I believe that any camera is good enough. sometimes my gf takes better pictures with her very old PnS camera, then me with my D70s. Its jus how u look at things. how u view that present composition of the details being presented infront of you. a better camera only give u more control or better flare control, lighting control, but if u cant composite a picture well, a person using a D200 cant take a good picture also.

A good camera doesnt make a person a good photographer. A good photographer make a camera a good camera! Cos the camera is jus a tool.

So, as many many guru has tell me, dont get caught up in the chase for better equipment first, get some basic stuff, actually any camera will do, and shoot shoot shoot! :bsmilie:

my 1 cents worth, cos i newbie too :)

For starters, join the club outings.

yyD70S said:
For starters, join the club outings.

Hey im a noob oso.what those people usually do during outing?photosharing n taking pictures only isit?but i tot theres not much to take in sg.?

corporal007 said:
Hey im a noob oso.what those people usually do during outing?photosharing n taking pictures only isit?but i tot theres not much to take in sg.?

Not much to take? I was just rueing the fact that there's lots of places in Singapore which I didn't have the time to go explore and take pictures. Places like Little India, Labrador Park, Changi Point, etc. You just need to know where to look. ;)

zibin83 said:
Hi Guys,
I am a newbie in photography. Can anyone advise me how to start?

Best Regards
Zibin

To start, maybe you like to choose to join to white side or dark side. :bsmilie:

hehe just joking.

maybe you can consider buy 2nd hand D70 or D350 to start with in case you may lost your interest or due to busy of your jobs then may end up selling away all the systems.

It happen to many people here wasted too much money.

A D50 kit cost $1150 now...correct me if i am wrong..

Guys, I am thinking of upgrading my camera from Powershot A310. Any camera recommendations?

Is there any good software that can edit pictures?

Thanx

Why not just take the plunge, just shoot first and worry about everything else later.

You cant be asking everything for ppl to spoon feed you ??

Go to the library and find some books to read on photography .. you get better ideas on where to start ..

zibin83 said:
Guys, I am thinking of upgrading my camera from Powershot A310. Any camera recommendations?

Is there any good software that can edit pictures?

Thanx

What features do u find missing or lacking in the A310 that u wanna improve on?

A commonly used software would be Photoshop. Big, powerful and expensive.. :) If u wanna try a useful, nice, small and free software.. try Photofiltre http://www.photofiltre.com/

I'm also a newbie on digital photography. I used to own a Minota SLR (film load).

Now i own a A700. Planing to get EOS 30D in near future.

But i have more to learn from gurus here :)

Hi Neighbour.... I'm around the corner also.....

:)

Me newbie 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.