newbie need infor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lycanthoart

Jan 14, 2006
Hi all, im kinda new to photography. Previously using a D70s, but now trying to use a new sony DSC H3, a more portable digital cam to take shoot.

Question here, previously i have been taking landscape and scenery. Now having new interst in protrait/model shoot. Hav tried using the H3 to take some shoot, cant just cant get any effect out.

Need to seek advise here, wats the "basic" setting, apperture/shutter/ISO for normal outdoor protrait shoot? Is f1.4 the best setting? Dont think sony H3 can use f1.4 lense, wats the next recommended? Any different setting for day or nitz outdoor shoot.

Just hope for the basic setting for i can try other setting to set in the enviroment n etc later...

For your kind advise plz......

Don't take this the wrong way, but this should really be in the General section. ;) PnP is a gallery.

Merry Christmas.

well, it all depends on what you want to shoot. Different things require different settings.

Hi all, im kinda new to photography. Previously using a D70s, but now trying to use a new sony DSC H3, a more portable digital cam to take shoot.

Question here, previously i have been taking landscape and scenery. Now having new interst in protrait/model shoot. Hav tried using the H3 to take some shoot, cant just cant get any effect out.

Need to seek advise here, wats the "basic" setting, apperture/shutter/ISO for normal outdoor protrait shoot? Is f1.4 the best setting? Dont think sony H3 can use f1.4 lense, wats the next recommended? Any different setting for day or nitz outdoor shoot.

Just hope for the basic setting for i can try other setting to set in the enviroment n etc later...

For your kind advise plz......

it's very hard to tell what is the basic setting.
it depends what you want.
the basic techniques of photography still applies.
I suggest that you goto the library or surf around the net for the info. They will provide you with a lot useful info for many situations.
You can also goto the potrait and poses section to look at the shooting parameters. Then figure out what is it that you want.
Happy learning! ;)

thnks alot.... im still searchin...
haiz... my xmas eve photos really sucks...
cant get the correct setting at all.... either dark or too big with the flash... stress!!!!
trying landscape, setting gets better... but all my portrait... sucks sucks sucks...

don't get disheartened.. like lotsa other stuff in life, the more you practice the better you become..

Status
Not open for further replies.