Newbie Need Help With Photoshop CS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancool

Dec 28, 2008
To all i am trying to get rid of the shadow below the photo frame Is there any tools in CS4 that i can used to erase off the shadow Secondly is it possible for me to erase off the entire red back ground nd than save just the photoframe and have it merge with another background of my choice. All help greatly appreciated.....:)

DSC_4190.jpg

To all i am trying to get rid of the shadow below the photo frame Is there any tools in CS4 that i can used to erase off the shadow Secondly is it possible for me to erase off the entire red back ground nd than save just the photoframe and have it merge with another background of my choice. All help greatly appreciated.....:)

Clone tool to remove the shadows.
Magic eraser or just eraser to 'erase' away your background and then you can place any background you want below the 'photoframe' layer.
Another simpler way. align ur photoframe properly and then just crop and cut away the red background.

In this case should be quite easy, u can jus use the lasso tool (polygonal one), select the square, then do a Cltr J (or go to Layer>New>Layer Via Copy) to get it into a new layer, then u can close the eye of the bottom layer. Should u wan another background color, jus create a new layer below the Photo Frame later, then fill it with any color you want.

hope it helps.

Go to Select - Color Range, then select the red background and delete away. Touch up on the residue background

In this case the most simple way to lose the back ground is to do a perspective crop. It is a crop but u can move the corner of the crop area.
As to remove the shadow i dont think there is a quick and easy one button solution to remove it and make the whole scene's lighting natural.

just to let you know even you remove the red b/g totally, some parts of the frame will still have the red cast, especially in the shadow areas.

Heys guys thanks a million for all the tips.
For irregular shapes which tool should i use for beeter control to trace out the shape?

For irregular shapes which tool should i use for beeter control to trace out the shape?

magic ward .. u need to set the tolerance to get a good selection.
or u can use the magnetic lasso tool.

Learn to use Pen tool to draw out a path. The rest are 'quick fix' solutions for very simple(eg.single color) backgrounds.

the shadow on the frame itself is already too dark, so if you remove the shadow on the wall, it will look strange
let me do a quick and dirty example

here you go
DSC_4190.jpg

frame4.jpg

1. isolate the frame
2. use part of the wall as new background
3. add soft drop shadow
4. enhance the picture in the frame

here you go
DSC_4190.jpg

frame4.jpg

1. isolate the frame
2. use part of the wall as new background
3. add soft drop shadow
4. enhance the picture in the frame

The original picture is still looks better rather than 2nd edited one... looks very weird........ like the picture and the frame is drawn on the wall......

DSC_4190.jpg

1) Copy a small section of the colour u like. (I used the bottom left section)
2) Stretch across the entire section to cover the shadows
3) Mask it and blend with gradient tool
4) Smile
3816921051_b5e58130e0_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.