Newbie need help on Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfanic

Apr 3, 2009
Hi,

A newbie here trying to get into Macro but somehow find it very difficult. Bought the Raynox 250 to use on my 17-50 but there is vignetting even at 50mm. Do i need a zoom lens that has a macro function as well. So far still get any good results out of it...Will it help if i change me lens to Tanrom 28-75 macro?

Thanks for the advise and help.

You have to use a tele lens with the raynox, preferably in the range of 70-100mm, setting the lens at the long end will prevent vignetting.

Thanks. Seems like i need a new lens for my macro experiment...:)

Bring down your Raynox to try out with the lens before purchase, some tele lens will still vignette. All the best :)

golfanic,

i'm not so sure how serious are you into marco.

anyway, nothing beats a fix marco lens if u are serious abt taking marco.

which lens?? also subject to the kind of object you wanna take

Never really into macro before so wanted to try out...love those macro shots posted by fellow CSers.

How serious are you about macro? Maybe this is what you should be asking yourself.

If you're serious, then a good macro lens will be something to think about. So, which lens to get? Well, it depends on what you wanna shoot. What lens would it be if you wan to shoot insects? The reply would be, what kind os insects?

Went out on outings with fellows using a 50mm and Raynox, and some came up with great results. However, there are limitations to using Raynox as you need to go way close to the subject. This is not bee good for insects like butterflies and other skittish insects.

Since you have a Raynox, I would suggest mastering it first. It's not easy at first but practise makes perfect.

golfanic,

i'm not so sure how serious are you into marco.

anyway, nothing beats a fix marco lens if u are serious abt taking marco.

which lens?? also subject to the kind of object you wanna take

Think TS is looking into Macro, not marco :bsmilie:

That aside, a dedicated macro lens will definitely give you much better results, so do offer that option some thought.

Can try extension tubes with your 17-50. Have tried using 12mm extension to good effect.
But of course best if you can get a good macro lens, like the tamron 90 or tokina 100.

Thanks guys for all the advise.

Hi

I'm kinda new to photography and am very interested in close up shots. I am wondering can raynox dcr 250 be attached to kit lens EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS?:dunno:

Hi

I'm kinda new to photography and am very interested in close up shots. I am wondering can raynox dcr 250 be attached to kit lens EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS?:dunno:

Yes It can.
No problems at all.

I using Raynox with 50mm Prime and 18-70 Sony Kit lens
No issues.

Happy shooting.
;)

Hi,

A newbie here trying to get into Macro but somehow find it very difficult. Bought the Raynox 250 to use on my 17-50 but there is vignetting even at 50mm. Do i need a zoom lens that has a macro function as well. So far still get any good results out of it...Will it help if i change me lens to Tanrom 28-75 macro?

Thanks for the advise and help.

you can always try 70-300 macro, it should not vignette at all, i think

but anyways, like others have said, the best way to do macro is a dedicated macro lens

BUT you don't necessarily have to do so if you are budget constrained. i think the cheapest macro lens starts around $450+ second hand (90mm tamron), but i haven't looked at the macro lens market, having little interest in it myself

Oh.. so how close to i have to be from the object of interest? and also is raynox a clip on lens? just clip it onto the kit lens? man, pardon me for asking so much.

Oh.. so how close to i have to be from the object of interest? and also is raynox a clip on lens? just clip it onto the kit lens? man, pardon me for asking so much.

Raynox you just click it onto your 18-55mm lens
zoom all the way to 55mm
your raynox and your subject will be ard 10cm gap.
:)

Raynox you just click it onto your 18-55mm lens
zoom all the way to 55mm
your raynox and your subject will be ard 10cm gap.
:)

Oh cool! and final question, where can i get a raynox dcr 250?:bsmilie:

Hmm, will i have any problems taking the picture then? like distortion in pictures?:dunno:

just put in on when u need to do macro
if not just remove it from your kit lens
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.