Newbie need help on Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think there is a need to get a universal adaptor or something right?:dunno:

sorry for asking so much guys. but if i were to attach the raynox DCR250 onto a 55-250mm lens, does it mean that i can shoot at a further distance compared to 18-55mm lens?

I dont think there is a need to get a universal adaptor or something right?:dunno:
Mine come with the adapter, the shooting distance seems to be around 8cm even at the 250mm end, just that the magnification ratio increase.

Mine come with the adapter, the shooting distance seems to be around 8cm even at the 250mm end, just that the magnification ratio increase.

Oh so it doesnt really make a difference in which lens to attach the raynox on?

why not try a reverse mount, 28/2.8 and 28/2 have 9:1 when reverse mount it!

hmm sorry, but whats a reverse mount?:embrass:
you may find a reverse mount adapter or a macro tube with male to male ring, than mount the lens up side down

How serious are you about macro? Maybe this is what you should be asking yourself.

If you're serious, then a good macro lens will be something to think about. So, which lens to get? Well, it depends on what you wanna shoot. What lens would it be if you wan to shoot insects? The reply would be, what kind os insects?

Went out on outings with fellows using a 50mm and Raynox, and some came up with great results. However, there are limitations to using Raynox as you need to go way close to the subject. This is not bee good for insects like butterflies and other skittish insects.

Since you have a Raynox, I would suggest mastering it first. It's not easy at first but practise makes perfect.

Hi!

I am quite new here and not sure if it is good to start a new thread or post some related questions here. :sweatsm:

Read somewhere that shooting macro with a Raynox is not that easy and need some getting use to, may I know what is difficult about using this lens? As in focusing? Or what?

Also read that it is better to get a dedicated macro lens if one is into macro, would like to know the difference between a dedicated macro lens and Raynox.

Hope someone can help on this. Thanks! :D

Hi CherylGen, how is the performance of DCR-250 on your 500D 18-55mm lenses? Any feedbacks to share? I am thinking of getting one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.