Newbie need help in buying TAmron 17-50 f2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bratz

Nov 20, 2007
Like the title says i'm a newbie and i "want" the Tamron 17-50f2.8 and need help someone with experience buying lens whom is able to accompany me to check the lens as i read several issues regarding front/back focussing and also sharpness....if someone is willing to help me I'm definitely will pick u up and send u home;) maybe a free dinner if you want to

If i cant get anyone I'll prbably just go ahead and buy it and sent it back to the shop claiming sharpness and back focusing issue so that they will send back to japan??for calibration.....like i said before this is a want so i dont need it anytime soon and dont mind waiting for it

Please do not flame me if you feel that this post is rubbish:lovegrin:

Like the title says i'm a newbie and i "want" the Tamron 17-50f2.8 and need help someone with experience buying lens whom is able to accompany me to check the lens as i read several issues regarding front/back focussing and also sharpness....if someone is willing to help me I'm definitely will pick u up and send u home;) maybe a free dinner if you want to

If i cant get anyone I'll prbably just go ahead and buy it and sent it back to the shop claiming sharpness and back focusing issue so that they will send back to japan??for calibration.....like i said before this is a want so i dont need it anytime soon and dont mind waiting for it

Please do not flame me if you feel that this post is rubbish:lovegrin:
Go to shops with good rep like John 3:16, MS Color, Orient Photo if they have stock. If you go on a weekday, you can try the lens in the shop for as long as you want and even the shop sales will help test for you.

Tamron is good but rma sibei troublesome.

currently only had experience with MScolor...will wait a few days to see if i can get anyone to accompany me if not i'll check if they have stock and just try it out myself....

thanks flashbulb for ur advice;)

btw what is rma?

currently only had experience with MScolor...will wait a few days to see if i can get anyone to accompany me if not i'll check if they have stock and just try it out myself....

thanks flashbulb for ur advice;)

btw what is rma?

A Return Merchandise Authorization or Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return defective goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced

aahhh got it;)

haha i was apprehensive about buying my first lens on my own too, but I took down some pointers from this thread:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311048

and got the courage to buy one myself! Then again I will never know if i bought a less sharper copy, but what the hell, i love my lens! =D

Thanks for the replies.....im still contemplating of doing it myself.....currently from calls made only CP and Lords has it ...MS no stock with Lords quoting a slight cheaper price than CP...im gonna do my purchase on a weekday and will definitely update the few guys that has PM me offering to help.

One thing i can say is CSers are a cool bunch of helpful guys:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.