newbie need advise here.

Anslem

May 8, 2010
hi guys, i am super noob in DSLR, just wondering should i get EPL1 or Samsung NX10? :dunno:

i did went to test on EPL1 it seems to be "easy to use", art Filter (which is good for me cos i dunnoe how to adjust those ISO n stuff to do those art filter thingy), outlook seems to be alright but dunnoe hv those DSLR look and it seems to be very plastic. :cool:

then i went to another shop n test out the NX10, it seems to be a lil hard to use cos i gotta adjust ISO n stuff to get those art filter look, but i see the color n pics wise samsung seems to be better than EPL1 and the outlook for sure is much more powerful than EPL1.:D

So as a super noob guy like me, wat u guys will recommend me to get? and which shop has the better offer? cos i dunnoe where has the better offer as i am very new in DSLR.:)

Hi Anslem,

First and foremost, the 2 models you are looking are not technically dSLRs. They are replacements, or contenders to replace, to the dSLRs. They are not based on the Single Lens Reflex (SLR) technology.

As I have no experience on both, I am not able to comment much. On a personal basis, as I have loyalty to Olympus from my OM-10 film days, I'd recommend the Oly. Particularly as Oly and Pansonic have released the 2nd generation of their cameras based on the m4/3 system.

Cheers :)

PS: Both are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The Olympus is a micro 4/3 system. Up to now, not sure about the Samsung's NX10.

Hi Anslem,

First and foremost, the 2 models you are looking are not technically dSLRs. They are replacements, or contenders to replace, to the dSLRs. They are not based on the Single Lens Reflex (SLR) technology.

As I have no experience on both, I am not able to comment much. On a personal basis, as I have loyalty to Olympus from my OM-10 film days, I'd recommend the Oly. Particularly as Oly and Pansonic have released the 2nd generation of their cameras based on the m4/3 system.

Cheers :)

PS: Both are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The Olympus is a micro 4/3 system. Up to now, not sure about the Samsung's NX10.

NX10 is mirrorless APS-C.Counted under MFT

NX10 is mirrorless APS-C.Counted under MFT

m4/3 is a system that has a smaller mount but still uses a 4/3 sensor that is 2x crop factor.

So how can APS-C sensor camera be considered m4/3?

Must be one super power magazine to make that claim that APS-C is counted as m4/3 :bsmilie:

You better read the magazine again. I think you are mistaken. If not sure, better don't anyhow anyhow say. Wait all the bros here neck long long.

Last edited:
I think these kind of cameras are referred to as EVIL cameras... Electronic Viewfinder, Interchangeable Lens. Not DSLR.

Last edited:
hi guys, i am super noob in DSLR, just wondering should i get EPL1 or Samsung NX10? :dunno:

i did went to test on EPL1 it seems to be "easy to use", art Filter (which is good for me cos i dunnoe how to adjust those ISO n stuff to do those art filter thingy), outlook seems to be alright but dunnoe hv those DSLR look and it seems to be very plastic. :cool:

then i went to another shop n test out the NX10, it seems to be a lil hard to use cos i gotta adjust ISO n stuff to get those art filter look, but i see the color n pics wise samsung seems to be better than EPL1 and the outlook for sure is much more powerful than EPL1.:D

So as a super noob guy like me, wat u guys will recommend me to get? and which shop has the better offer? cos i dunnoe where has the better offer as i am very new in DSLR.:)

so which one feel better in your hands? technical speaking, the sensor size in NX10 is larger than EPL1. Would you want the EVF? IMHO, quite useful during sunny day! But AMOLED should able to handle it.

dont worry about who has more lenses ... you probably dont use more than 2 for daily usage!

Welcome to CS... Looking forward to your sharing... :D