Newbie member photographers down under??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missymm

Nov 9, 2007
The Netherlands,
Hello clubsnappers,

Just joined up as a new member. I have been living in Holland for seven and have decided to move back to australia. Whilst living in Holland I have graduated from the school of photogaphy in Amsterdam and now work as assistant photographer and also do the occcasional freelance shoot. I'm wondering what the photography world is like in australia. Is there much work for assistant photographers, are there many many many profesional photgraphers or do a lot of companies buy there own digital camera and do it themselves?? The field of photography I'm most interessted in is architectural and interior photography.
Is there more chance of finding assistant work in the larger cities??
I'd love to hear any useful tips idea's and information from people in the field.

Please excuse my bad spelling / grammer, it's just gone down the drain after speaking dutch for seven years!:embrass:

Hello clubsnappers,

Just joined up as a new member. I have been living in Holland for seven and have decided to move back to australia. Whilst living in Holland I have graduated from the school of photogaphy in Amsterdam and now work as assistant photographer and also do the occcasional freelance shoot. I'm wondering what the photography world is like in australia. Is there much work for assistant photographers, are there many many many profesional photgraphers or do a lot of companies buy there own digital camera and do it themselves?? The field of photography I'm most interessted in is architectural and interior photography.
Is there more chance of finding assistant work in the larger cities??
I'd love to hear any useful tips idea's and information from people in the field.

Please excuse my bad spelling / grammer, it's just gone down the drain after speaking dutch for seven years!:embrass:

this forum is largely based in Singapore, but there is a thread for photographers in Melbourne in the gathering subsection that you might want to check out with them about the local market there.

Status
Not open for further replies.