Newbie Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Aug 28, 2005
Yishun
Hi, this is my newbie Macro post. Pls help to comment/correct my mistakes.
:sweatsm: really hope reach learnt more form you all.......

No editing is done on the pics.

jump-spider.jpg

Mars said:
Hi, this is my newbie Macro post. Pls help to comment/correct my mistakes.
:sweatsm: really hope reach learnt more form you all.......

No editing is done on the pics.

jump-spider.jpg
blur , out of focus
-increase ur shutter speed or u a tripod
-use flash light
- > f11 aperture to get more details ........

Thanks cajuca, will watch out for my aperture. I did use a ext flash. :dunno:

Mars, I think you compose well. And you certainly have caught a good pic. do some post processing and see what happens.

Do you know what apreture you used? What about speed?

Some of us here handhold most of the time.. hee hee lazy la.. ;)

Mendis, thanks for your encouragement. it was taken in f2.8 1/25sec hand held. Really had a hard time trying to steady the shot. Do you all use a tripod/monpod for marco?:dunno:

Increase your F to about F8 - F11, and maybe shutter speed to @ least 1/50 or even faster. Compensate it with a slightly stronger flash since you are using a ex flash unit. Handheld is ok.

Mars said:
Mendis, thanks for your encouragement. it was taken in f2.8 1/25sec hand held. Really had a hard time trying to steady the shot. Do you all use a tripod/monpod for marco?:dunno:

I sometimes use a tripod. Monopods, to me, dun work. hee hee.. I use tripods only when i am sure that the subject isn't going to go anywhere that I cannot control. eg, crab spiders

my speed range is 1/60th to 1/180th max. Apreture is always more than f/10. Max for me is f/18.

I use omnibounce to soften as well as widen my coverage; this is crucial is your flash is hotshoe mounted. Check out my DIY flash setup in my latest thread titled Punggol Park pictures..

Cheers! Keep shooting and practice practice.. me still learning also.. he he

Status
Not open for further replies.