Newbie looking to buy an SLR with relatively low/moderate budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrrad

Hiya folks,
I'm new to photography and am looking for an SLR, but dunno where to start.

Just wondering if I can get any recommendations. Like models, prices and such.

Thanks folks.

2 tips:

(1) search the forums. A lot of people before you have asked the question and there are lots of different views.

(2) search the buy and sell - a lot of people are selling nearly new 'beginner' SLRs because they are upgrading. The prices are good.

what's your budget? that's a impt question to ask, cos it doesn't just include the SLR body... still got lens, filters, flash, tripod, cam bag and a whole truckload of things to get once you get sucked onto the SLR path... ;)

ok hope i didn't scare u off... :D

One good place to start would be the secondhand camera stores in Peninsula / Adelphi area. You can see what SLR's are available, see the prices, and get to touch and try. Also you get an idea of how much the lenses will cost you.

I was thinking of spending max $600 for a body and lens, so it's definitely going to be a second hand one.

As for searching the posts, I did and there isn't one listed on this subject I'm posting on. Perhaps we could make this thread 'sticky'.

:)

i got my minolta dynax 5 (QD) for $645 including two lens. shot 2 rolls, quite satisfied with it. u may want to read more about it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.