newbie - looking old

Status
Not open for further replies.

makee

Jan 31, 2007
Hi,

A newbie in taking photos and making it look old.I took this picture as i though i could make it look like someone went into the jungle years old and took a temple pic??.Hope the seniors here could give me your critique

looking_old.jpg

Very realistic in making the photo appear old. :thumbsup:

However, you probably need to change your shooting view point and distance or use a wider lens for a better composition. As it is now, the abrupt cutting off of the building below and sides do not give a nice feel. The top of the tower is too close to the top edge for comfort. All these give a very congested feel.

Wrong sub-forum. Should be in the "Critique Corner".
IMO, too well preserved. Could a tear line, or burnt corner or two to look more authentic. ;)

Wrong sub-forum. Should be in the "Critique Corner".
IMO, too well preserved. Could a tear line, or burnt corner or two to look more authentic. ;)

Oops! i'm sorry to post in the wrong section:embrass:
But thanks for the comments.I do take note of that:)

Very realistic in making the photo appear old. :thumbsup:

However, you probably need to change your shooting view point and distance or use a wider lens for a better composition. As it is now, the abrupt cutting off of the building below and sides do not give a nice feel. The top of the tower is too close to the top edge for comfort. All these give a very congested feel.

But if i use a wider lens the sides of the other buildings would appear in the photo?.Should i take the angle from below inside of 45 degree ?

But if i use a wider lens the sides of the other buildings would appear in the photo?.Should i take the angle from below inside of 45 degree ?

I don't know what was the scene there and so I cannot specifically say how to shoot.

However, you may stand slightly more left or right and then recomposed to include or exclude things on the sides so that things are not cut off abruptly (i.e. They may be cut but any tower or building edges is preferably not be cut in such a way that part of it appears and part out of frame).

Shooting slightly further away and from a much lower angle will also help to include more of the lower part of the building. Including the floor or any foreground object would add a little more 3 dimensional feel to it. Alternatively, stand closer and shoot only the upper part of the building instead of having it neither here nor there as it is now where the arch doorways are cut in the lower edge of the frame.

Personally, I feel a better aspect ratio for landscape picture is 3:2. Now seems more like 4:3?

Hi,

A newbie in taking photos and making it look old.I took this picture as i though i could make it look like someone went into the jungle years old and took a temple pic??.Hope the seniors here could give me your critique

looking_old.jpg

:eek:

Nice pic ! It looked as if its a scanned photo from the past :thumbsup:

:eek:

Nice pic ! It looked as if its a scanned photo from the past :thumbsup:

Thanks!,i put a lot of thinking to design this picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.