Newbie Looking for 1st DSLR (D90 or D5100)

Whatever you buy, if you buy from shops, check prices first from several reputable ones on the Price Guide list. Call or check in person.

If you buy pre-owned ones from BNS forum, be very careful of prices also, nowadays quite common people sell old things at prices higher than brand new!

Hi guys, I have been looking through all the comments these few days. You all have been really helpful, really appreciate that. :)

I have to agree with the double dial thingy, it is really useful as I have tried using my brother's dslr which is single dial and my fren's d90 which is double dial. Makes things alot easier using the other modes besides auto.

Well, I have decided to lie towards getting the d90 partially because of this reason and also it being a really good camera even after 4years since its release?

Camping the bns forum section daily looking for potential deals. If you guys happen to know someone selling the d90, do let me know. I will prefer sc less than 8k, with basic kit lens. Looking at about 900. Price negotiable. :) thanks alot!

Hi guys, I have been looking through all the comments these few days. You all have been really helpful, really appreciate that. :)

I have to agree with the double dial thingy, it is really useful as I have tried using my brother's dslr which is single dial and my fren's d90 which is double dial. Makes things alot easier using the other modes besides auto.

Well, I have decided to lie towards getting the d90 partially because of this reason and also it being a really good camera even after 4years since its release?

Camping the bns forum section daily looking for potential deals. If you guys happen to know someone selling the d90, do let me know. I will prefer sc less than 8k, with basic kit lens. Looking at about 900. Price negotiable. :) thanks alot!

You can put up an WTBuy ad in the BnS section to see if anyone contact u.

Noooo..... :bigeyes:

$900?
Friend.
$900 gets you a 2nd hand K5.

D90 WAS a great camera in its time but its been passed over by others over these 4yrs.
D7K in particular if you only want to consider Nikon.
I'd really not want to see someone spend his money on a rather old camera when that same money can get a much better one.
Think it over.

Here is the Imaging Resource comparator.
You can compare how D90 fares against many other cameras.
Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page

Gd Luck.

Hi pinhole cam, if d90 isn't worth buying. What other models are good out there? :(

I bought my 2nd hand D90 at $600 some time ago. It's even older now, so $900 is already quite high. Of course mine had a SC of around 40k, but I don't spam off a lot of shots, so it can last me for quite long.

Second hand k5 can get for 900 with lens or without? Sigh I am in a dilemma... :( I am now on my way to someone's place to view the d90 I can still say no... K5?

Bought the d90 in the end. Thanks everyone for the help. :)

pinholecam said:
Enjoy your camera and shoot more (and post here) :)

Sure will. Still need alot of guidance from the pros here :)