Newbie just joined today using Samsung Nx-100

wm910

Oct 20, 2010
Hello Everyone here,

I am a newbie and have just joined this forum today. I just bought this NX100 camera and i do not know if it is really a good camera. i am a total newbie to photography and feel inferior joining those courses if i bring my camera im afraid i be laugh at. This is my personal opinon though thank you. Hopefully i can learn something here. :embrass:

Hopefully all users using the NX-100 can come in and share your views or anything

Welcome:)

Its about the photographer and not the camera. Cheers

there is a saying that goes... there is no other better camera than the one in your hands....

I really feel good talking to experienced and pro users here. Really hope to start embarking on my photography journey and learn from experts here.

Thanks Everyone really appreciate it... Any NX-100 users please come and share any experience on this camera cheers :)

Bro really appreciate it yup hoping to join some outings and take really good pic. the people here are really nice and friendly think i be here for long to stay......cheers everyone

got a guy ask me, are u ever feeling inferior when ur shooting with ur 450d when others shooting with 5dmk2?

i replied: are u ever feeling inferior when we are peeing and ur looking at my ...?

Thanks. At least both of u all are using DSLR for me mine is only a hybrid no where near there at all.

Welcome to CS dude!!!

Thanks. At least both of u all are using DSLR for me mine is only a hybrid no where near there at all.

Please know that the sensor in your camera is of the same size and class of sensors in current models of DSLR nowadays.

Also, taking pictures is not a competition. It is a way for you to express yourself creatively, and at the same time capture beautiful moments and emotions. People who laugh at your equipment are people who do not appreciate the essence of photography, and are most probably lousy photographers themselves. Ignore those GWC (Guys/Gals with cameras).

So I really do not understand why you need to feel inferior.

Please know that the sensor in your camera is of the same size and class of sensors in current models of DSLR nowadays.

Also, taking pictures is not a competition. It is a way for you to express yourself creatively, and at the same time capture beautiful moments and emotions. People who laugh at your equipment are people who do not appreciate the essence of photography, and are most probably lousy photographers themselves. Ignore those GWC (Guys/Gals with cameras).

So I really do not understand why you need to feel inferior.

Thanks for the advice bro cos mine is a hybrid camera and after i just bought my NX-100 i used to tag along with this friend who is using the Canon 7D laugh at me saying mine is a lousy camera and so i have no friends to tag along as i dont want to embarass them. I am now taking pic alone. Maybe thats y i feel this way.

Thanks for the advice bro cos mine is a hybrid camera and after i just bought my NX-100 i used to tag along with this friend who is using the Canon 7D laugh at me saying mine is a lousy camera and so i have no friends to tag along as i dont want to embarass them. I am now taking pic alone. Maybe thats y i feel this way.

If you let people affect you this way, and you believe what they say, then you are truly beaten.

We cannot tell you more that the NX100 is very capable. You have to believe it yourself. If you cannot do that and prefer to wallow in self pity and defeat. My condolences.

I will sign off this thread with this picture:

3488939672_bb1bdda68b.jpg

Shot with a 2MP camera phone, Nokia Navigator 6110.

Don't ever stop. Just shoot, with whatever you have.

Last edited:
Bro thanks for the encouragement i will want to start from today and learn as much as i can from the very basics... thanks seeing your photos make me feel good now.

I got a good idea. Make them shut up after you show them your shots. If you yourself is feeling inferior due to YOUR choice of camera, then why did you choose it? Shows tt you like it.

I have a simple way of thinking. Why care about what bad things they are saying, as long as you are enjoying yourself and not doing any thing wrong/bad/against morals.

:):):):)

Bro thanks for the encouragement i will want to start from today and learn as much as i can from the very basics... thanks seeing your photos make me feel good now.

Start reading the links I posted earlier in this thread, especially the parts on Basics, as well as composition. Go out to shoot, and try to apply the concepts in there. Come back here, post your pics in the Gallery section, and ask people to critique your work. When you start off, people will rip you apart. Telling what you did wrong, and why the pictures are not good. Take it all in, adopt the right attitude and learn. Learn, then go out and shoot again, applying what you have learnt. If you put effort into it and with the right attitude, within 2 months you will see the quality of your pictures improve by leaps and bounds. And don't bother to share what you are learning with the people who laughed at you. Let them wallow in their own arrogance. At the end of 3 months, your pictures will do the talking for you. After that, watch their jaw drop.