Newbie intend to get canon 40d...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisonic

Oct 22, 2007
hi folks,

currently looking @ getting 40d kit i as a start... also looking @ buying additional lens, so what are the recommendation for newbie like me? total budget looking @ 2k.....

help is appreciated.

If you don't know, best is to get the kit lens yes?

Best to buy from a reputable retailer like Cathay Photo from Peninsula Plaza etc. Would recommend against getting the kit lens bundled with the camera body and instead invest a bit more and buy a better lens separately of your choice and needs

Best to buy from a reputable retailer like Cathay Photo from Peninsula Plaza etc. Would recommend against getting the kit lens bundled with the camera body and instead invest a bit more and buy a better lens separately of your choice and needs

The kit lens is good enough to start off with, and in good hands, it is very capable of producing excellent images.

To start with, the threadstarter is not very clear of his needs, so there's no need to really make more choices than necessary. Just get started with the kit lens.

currently using the kit lens and find it a very capable piece of equipment.

The 18-55 IS kit lens is surprisingly decent for its price. I used it for 6 mths before finally switching to 17-55 caus I need the larger aperture and thinner DoF for my portrait work. Even now I still keep it just in case I wanna travel light.

Status
Not open for further replies.