Newbie!! in the house..

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtin88

Nov 3, 2009
Hi all!! just joined a couple of weeks back. Have been interested in photography for quite some time but don't have the money to get a dslr. Saving up still in progress. I'm kinda interested in the Nikon D90. Any suggestions or advice to assist me?

DSLRs have a lot of hidden costs. Why do you think you need a DSLR? 95% of a great photo is composition, and you can do that with a regular cam too.

And then why jump to a D90? There are many more budget-friendly DSLR cameras (second-hand too) out there.

Hello, xtin88. A very warm welcome to you.
Since you are mentioning the D90, I am sure you are already familiar with the price of a D90. And as Rashkae rightfully pointed out, there will certainly be other 'hidden' costs and costs of future purchases that come at the heel of a DSLR. Like tripod, new lenses, accessories and such, which quite often may be even more expensive than the original camera kit itself.
Therefore, if after all these considerations you still say D90, then I am sure you must have budgeted for all these and your are actually mentally prepared. If that's the case, then do make yourself a happy owner.
My humble opinion.

Yes i've considered the cost of the D90 and other accessories if included. But i'm thinking of buying it 2nd hand. Before the D90 i was considering the D80 but it is not selling in the market anymore and i did compare the both of them and i thought if i go for the D90 it will be a good option to go with. I did thought about the D5000 too but to my understanding, it can't use older lenses. So for a newbie like me, which camera would you guys suggest? Be it Nikon or Canon.

Since u had already fixed ur mind on D90 then dun be easily swayed by others' opinions
More practical to think of how to earn the budget for the D90

But word of advice, this forum very poisonous.. :devil:
many bro/sis falls into the cycle of continuous equipment upgrading.. :bsmilie:

Get sony a230.

$699.

$1000 budget!

2nd hand canon 20D ~$300-400?
2nd hand 18-55 IS2 ~$250
2nd hand 430ex ~$300?
new drybox 30l ~$100

Total cost ~$1000! can start taking on assignments liao!

Guys Thanks for ur replies man.. I've got myself a second hand D90 for 1450 with 12+3 months warrenty and got myself a cleaning kit and a electronic dry cabi 30L. Still reading the manual to learn what this babe can do and I hope i'll improve in no time =D.

Hi all!! just joined a couple of weeks back. Have been interested in photography for quite some time but don't have the money to get a dslr. Saving up still in progress. I'm kinda interested in the Nikon D90. Any suggestions or advice to assist me?

Hi xtin88,

welcome to CS. Save up and in the meantime, read up more on the basic notes of photography. When you get your equipment, keep practising to get better.

welcome! post pictures! best way to learn :)

haha welcome to the club dude ^^

Me too~

welcome rustyarm!

Hehe welcome buddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.