Newbie in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

offsettings

Nov 2, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm new. Joined this forum to learn and find out more about photography and cameras. Am looking to get a camera so here I am. hoping to get more information on the various cameras before I decide on one.

Hi offsettings,

Welcome to CS :)

hi! welcome to cs.. I'm also new here and new to photography as well. I just recently got my Nikon D5000. And I'm enjoying it.

It would be great if all newbies could learn together. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new. Joined this forum to learn and find out more about photography and cameras. Am looking to get a camera so here I am. hoping to get more information on the various cameras before I decide on one.

Welcome welcome!

You can check out dpreview for a pretty in-depth technical look at the specs of your possible cameras. Price-wise you can get a rough estimate from Price Guides

Go to a shop, try out the feel of the cameras after you've read somewhat and narrowed down. Hope this helps some!

Hello...welcome.

I would suggest that you list down the various cameras within your budget and look at the specs of the cams. Then viist the shops to see which is more suitable to you. Get the one you are most comfortable with since you are the one using the cam. Do not be influenced by the slaes person though as very often they will recommend something which give them the highest commission or profit.

i'm planning to get my own DSLR after using my fren's for so long XD
and i'm plannign to get a canon 500D =D

I also intend to get Canon 500D. You getting body only or kit? Maybe we can negotiate better price. I was offered Kit 1 for $1,265. When you intend to buy?

i'm planning to get my own DSLR after using my fren's for so long XD
and i'm plannign to get a canon 500D =D

Hi offsettings...Welcome...

Just before you decide on getting more information, the first thing before anything else is "What's your budget?" and "How much are you prepared to spend?"

With that budget amount in mind, let's go hunting for different cameras and jot down the different features, the pros and cons. Don't rush off buying the first one someone says that it is the best. Sometimes the best may not be suitable e.g. metal body. Metal bodies are noted to be able to take hard knocks, are we ready for the weight that comes with it. There are also other pros and cons that need to take a long hard look.

Hope our fellow CS brothers can help you get up to speed.

Cheers...

Welcome

Read up some of the post regarding camera buying to get a better idea.
This recent one for example :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598556

Warm welcome to the club !
Better to let the bro/sis here ur budget so that they can assist u better,
also go down to the shops to physically try the cams when u had narrow down to few choices..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.