Newbie in the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital3yez

Jan 18, 2009
North
Arlows Everyone!

Just joined the community afew days ago. I love photography since my arty school days and would wanna get hold of a good DSLR. I'm pondering over Nikon D90 and Canon 50D, was wondering if an expert could give me some pointers here? :cool:
Used to own a Manual Canon SLR, it's been like 8 years ago! :D

Cheerioz!
D3yez

50D , it is 2100 ? and D90 Kit, $1660 ? .. buy 50D ba :p !

Arlows Everyone!

Just joined the community afew days ago. I love photography since my arty school days and would wanna get hold of a good DSLR. I'm pondering over Nikon D90 and Canon 50D, was wondering if an expert could give me some pointers here? :cool:

Cheerioz!
D3yez

hi and welcome.

since you have use a manual canon before then maybe you should go for the 50D. =D

A good pointer is to READ the forum carefully and thoroughly. A lot of things have been discussed lengthy and a lot of Questions are Frequently Asked :)

Arlows Everyone!

Cheerioz!
D3yez

welcome.

both are good cameras. just select the one you like better, QED.

Arlows Everyone!

Cheerioz!
D3yez
if buying for the video function would be 5D and D90.

i think would be better use of your money to go for a 2nd hand Nikon D300 instead.

If you like manual, can consider Pentax or Olympus...they have plenty of cheap yet good manual lenses and can work with lenses made during grandfather time.

50D is an intermediate camera and D90 is entry. Perhaps you should consider apple to apple, that will help you to decide better.

Welcome to CS

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post mroe....

Both are good cameras Try both before making your decision.:D

Could anyone recommend the shops/places to get cameras ?

Could anyone recommend the shops/places to get cameras ?

I recommend following zac08's advice: READ MORE. Start in this forum, in the respective equipment sections. There are price guides for cameras and lenses and all contain addresses of reputable shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.