newbie in phototaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

poondq

Oct 30, 2008
singapore
poondq.multiply.com
please c&c on my profile thanks. not sure which section to post sorry mods.

http://poondq.multiply.com

DSC-1069.JPG

DSC_1147.jpg

Last edited:
You have about 1000 images altogether, there is no way anyone would bother to look through and give any concrete c&c. Be your own worst critic and choose a set of best 1-20 (max) shots. Then we'll see about how to improve. Recommend you select a wide variety of shots that demonstrates your strength in composition & technique, if you can recall the details of those images will be all the better (I don't mean the EXIF, but why you took the shot? What was the idea behind the shot? What considerations were on your mind before taking the shot? And were there any problems you have to overcome to get the shot? Etc).

please c&c on my profile thanks. not sure which section to post sorry mods.

http://poondq.multiply.com

Your profile:

About Me

Short, concise and to the point. Accuracy is not verifiable. Lacks depth or coverage. Could include more details to shed light on your personality, goals and objectives, or more personal info to help viewers form some kind of mental image of you and make a 'connection'.

Hope that c&c helps. ;)

If I were to tell you to choose 5 photos (with 50 word write up) for comment, are you able to do it? Being self critical and engage in a selection process of some kind will help you to learn.

You need to work with your flash eg, fill flash and post processing using a image editor.

You're still in the phase of shooting for fun, so just keep at it. It's good you're thinking of improving, but a bit early still. Don't be discouraged by what we have asked and just keep shooting for yourself. Eventually you'll gain a better sense of what kind of pictures you want to create, then it'll make our earlier questions have a lot more sense. Techniques can be learned but inspiration to pictures comes from yourself. There's no timeline for this kind of thing, we all evolve on our own time. Here's a fine link to help you out.

Bro, keep shooting and try to learn and understand your cam as well as the basics of photography basics. PP is another thing but this will follow once you're through with the basics.
Me too is a continuous newbie as learning is never ending.

Keep shooting bro:)

btw, why you didn't give me tip that you'll be shooting the going bulilit kids with Nikko and Ryan..;)

i thought you knew it ... and i dont know who those kids are by name only know their famous stars.. quoted from bueno

Rule of thumb: Before you upload your photos here, please resize it to a manageable size. Not everyone has a 22" monitor and can view everything in a go.

Like what others had said, work on your composition. Rule of thirds plays a very important part even though it may be basics, as it can make a difference between a good shot and a bad one.

And finally, choose the best out of the rest. Uploading everything you have shot is a waste of space(your multiply account) and time(time needed to upload everything up). Try to select and if possible, post-process(aka edit) the photos you think is better ones and then upload it.

It's a matter of trial and error. You just need to be patient and learn by mistakes.

most of the shots look to be snapshots. i can't discern the intended message/purpose of most of the pictures.

For your sunset pictures, check your horizon, most of them are slanted to the right and that makes it feel unbalanced.

keep shooting, posting and accepting C&C, and you'll learn quick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.