1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
- Newbie on DSLR/photography, wanted to learn more about composition, framing, tone, settings.
2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
- Frame the food to give it a delicious, warmth feel
3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- This photo was taken when I just came home and saw the yam rice my mum has whipped up. It has been sometime since she cooked this after we gotten a maid. Wanted to take a photo of it as remembrance.
4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
- I think the DOF captured the feeling I wanted. but the foreground (the clearer portion of the rice in the smaller metal plate does not seem 'yummy' enough or rather not 'glistening' enough. Need some advice on what's wrong and how to improve (I just got my camera last a month so need all experts here to be more patient with me ^^)
Shutter speed: 1/6sec
Setting: In a dim kitchen
Thanks all in advance