Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdfaiz

Jan 11, 2010
Tampines
Hey guys, just wanna ask what type of tripod should i get??? For night n also day photography.. Budget wise wil be ard $170.. Should i get vanguard alta+ series??

Tripod is one area which you shouldnt scrimp on. Get the best which you can afford to buy. Cuz tripod is something that can last you ur entire photography journey

mdfaiz said:
Hey guys, just wanna ask what type of tripod should i get??? For night n also day photography.. Budget wise wil be ard $170.. Should i get vanguard alta+ series??

Don't forget to factor in price of the tripod head as well...

Just take note of some things like:

- type of tripod head (ballhead, pan/tilt, etc). I personally prefer ballhead.
- max load capacity of BOTH the head and the tripod (should exceed your heaviest set-up by a fair bit)
- max (fully extended) and min (closed up) height

As suggested by Dream Merchant, I second the thought of reading up Thom's recommendations. I did many of those mistakes mentioned by him :(

I think many of us did (and still do), without wanting to admit it.

I wished I had read his article ages ago - it would have saved me tons of $$$ and loads of frustration and messed-up shots.

Thanks alot guys... will look into it..

so you should increase your budget to at least 1k :bsmilie:

I think many of us did (and still do), without wanting to admit it.

I wished I had read his article ages ago - it would have saved me tons of $$$ and loads of frustration and messed-up shots.

Exactly! This is what I thought after coming across his article.. Why the heck didn't I read this before...:cry:

Thing is, I wasted close to $600 before finally settling on a decent $400+ tripod that did the job properly.

And this was before the internet. :sweat:

Welcome to CS and may I encourage you to post more images in Galleries section of this forum and avoid getting trapped in the Buy/Sell sections

Status
Not open for further replies.