newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhuzai

Nov 3, 2008
hey old bird i got a qns between d90 and 500D. i previous was using 2nd nikon d40 and now wanna to buy my 1st hand DSLR. but dunno what to choose from.after going to HN they intro me canon 500D they say the specs almost same as nikon d90 sum more the canon is cheaper den nikon. so old bird plz advise me i am lost.

hi i think both are great cameras in most aspect

maybe its more of a personal choice:)

anyway welcome to the club

Greetings to all.

Just a noob question from a newbie.

Do you use really a normal filter for nikkor 50mm f/1.4? If it is worth it, which filter is the most suitable?

Thanks.

hey old bird i got a qns between d90 and 500D. i previous was using 2nd nikon d40 and now wanna to buy my 1st hand DSLR. but dunno what to choose from.after going to HN they intro me canon 500D they say the specs almost same as nikon d90 sum more the canon is cheaper den nikon. so old bird plz advise me i am lost.

Go handle them and see which you find more comfortable in terms of handling. If you've already started off with Nikon, you may need some time to get used to a different stly of handling in terms of functions and access to buttons and menus for other brands of cameras. This is something you should note.

Greetings to all.

Just a noob question from a newbie.

Do you use really a normal filter for nikkor 50mm f/1.4? If it is worth it, which filter is the most suitable?

Thanks.

Personal choice. If you want to get one, get a GOOD one. The image quality is only as good as the glass which is between the subjects and the sensor/film. Don't skimp on this item, get a Nikon NC or B+W

a comparsion.
http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Canon-Rebel-T1i-EOS-500D-Compared-to-Nikon-D90.shtml

d90 is out of stock at lots of places, so it's not a surprise that they are trying to sell something which they hv in-stock.

a normal filter,i would assume u r taking abt UV filter, i would use it more as a protection for the front len glass...tat's what most ppl would do i guess

Thanks guys! Appreciate for the headup.

Points taken and noted!

Nikon NC or B+W can be used as a UV protection? What about HOYA?

I wanted one that is just to protect the 50mm lens.

Thanks

AFAIK, front element is recessed. No point adding a filter. Will only invite flare and ghosting when used under certain light conditions. A lens hood protects against bumps and flare.

Thanks...!

*Run to the shop to get a filter of brand x* :D

I'll give you the same advice my old bird friend gave me when i was just a young grasshopper...

(In a sagely voice) "You're not just buying a camera... You're buying into the SYSTEM..." (cue zen music)

Anyhooos... Specs and capabilities aside, I moved up from a canon s2 to a 30D and later the 40D simply because Nikon's UI just felt so alien to me... Like what some other CSers mentioned, you may want to move up the nikon route if you've been handling the d40 or if the 500D really catches your fancy in terms of its specs/pricepoint, please do go and fiddle around with it first. (Rent or Borrow from a friend maybe? Best way to test.) My 2cents. :D

if u r going to spend a bomb on a quality len, then dun scrimp on the filter.
get a good

Thanks guys. I will have a look at the Marketplace. :)

since you are already at nikon,why not stick to it?

HN sales guys will introduce anything that gives higher margin. These are sales men, only interested in revenue and profit. Once you have settled with one cam sure thing they'll introduce extended HN warranty and whatnot. If you liked the Look&Feel of Nikon (and maybe you still have one or two lenses?) then stick to Nikon. A good feeling in handling the camera is most important than small differences in specs.

hey old bird there! thanks for all advise. i finally brought my d90. hehe happy shooting. :devil:

Hi all, i'm new here and just started using upgraded from compact cam to dslr...Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.