Newbie here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blabla772008

Jun 26, 2008
Hi ppl, just got my canon 450d today! Just wanna ask some questions that i need help with if u guys dun mind..

- my dry cabinet keeps showing 71% humidity..is that alright?
- what are the dos and donts with a DSLR?

many thanks

welcome! im new around too ^_^

normally from what i read in the forum so far, 45-55% humidity in the dry cabinet
don't hit someone over the head with the DSLR
shoot more, post more =D

Welcome

READ MORE
shoot more
post more....

Tune the settings on your dry cabi... it takes some time for it to stabilise properly... change the settings until you get your desired setting.

Tune the settings on your dry cabi... it takes some time for it to stabilise properly... change the settings until you get your desired setting.

hi there! :)

and yea, adding onto what zac08 said, its advisable to remove all your equipment from your cabinet... callibrate it to RH 45-50% , then load it up with your equipment. Makes the callibration process faster ;)

Welcome to Club Snap. :)

Check your power supply to the cabinet if you ain't getting the desired reading. ;)

:) Use the camera more often, if not you'll see a lot of big elephants in it in no time. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Welcome here!

So the more appropriate percentage for dry cabinet is around 45-50%?

hello. welcome.
dunno about dry cabinet but here are some tips to DOs and DONTs
DOs = as zac08..more reading, shooting, posting
DONTs = give up reading, shooting, posting:bsmilie:
cheers.

Hi ppl, just got my canon 450d today! Just wanna ask some questions that i need help with if u guys dun mind..

- my dry cabinet keeps showing 71% humidity..is that alright?
- what are the dos and donts with a DSLR?

many thanks

newbie here too but managed to set my digi-cabi to maintain around 45%-55%.
If u're using the digi-cabi, set the control inside to 10 or 11 o'clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.