Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

forte

Aug 1, 2008
Hi all,

A newbie here, bought few lenses from CSians for the past few weeks. ;)

My friend invited me to join his group, to drive to Northern Thailand coming Dec, wondering will this be a good opportunity to expose myself, in learning some techniques before heading north? :dunno: Anyone would like to join?

Hi, welcome....
more details would be appreciated...and remember to share those wonderful pictures here...:)

My friend invited me to join his group, to drive to Northern Thailand coming Dec, wondering will this be a good opportunity to expose myself, in learning some techniques before heading north? :dunno: Anyone would like to join?

Hi, and welcome.

It'll be good to know what camera system you currently own (because some advice could be equipment specific) and also how much experience you have.

There are several stickies in Newbies Corner that may prove very helpful in getting you started.

And have fun shooting!

more details would be appreciated...

Thanks, do you mean details on how to join the trip?;)

It'll be good to know what camera system you currently own (because some advice could be equipment specific) and also how much experience you have.

There are several stickies in Newbies Corner that may prove very helpful in getting you started......

Thanks, will visit those helpful stickers, I'm currently using 40D with 17-85mm and 50mm.

Not much experience in dealing with DSLR, mostly using my simple point and shoot DC.:) Although I did owned 2 SLRs before, seldom play with them due to work commitment.

Last edited:
You may want to refresh your knowledge about exposure then. The stickies help, or you can get a book like Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure, which I find to be written in easy to read language and includes many great examples to learn from.

The 40D is a great camera (and I would have bought it if my 20D died, but thankfully it's still chugging along faithfully). The lens is OK - not great quality, but decent, and the range is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.