Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn92

Oct 29, 2007
Woodlands
Hey wassup people. =) I'm new here. And I'm very noob at photography too. I own a camera Canon Digital IXUS 60. I like playing around with it. Anyway is that a good camera? I think it's a very basic camera right?

Btw I also wanna learn more tips about focusing and stuff... Hope you people would teach me some stuff man! =D Hah, I also wanna be a model though... I'm kinda interested in this industry. =)

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the big family. The Canon Ixus you have is a nice & simple camera. Do read up more from the net or in the library. ;)

Welcome to CS, read more, shoot more and post more...

Hi Shawn,

Welcome, and I'm sure by now, you would have realised that the operative phrase is 'read up more'.

It's not because we're unfriendly (ok, that's debatable at times) and don't want to chat, but because it helps you a long waaays in discussions if you had at least the very basic understanding of the mechanics of photography. If not, make sure you are familiar with the technical terms for a start.

If you don't have the patience to read and re-read, then live seminars, workshops and courses would be best. I for one learn better when someone shows and explains things out to me, as compared to just reading about it, but I find I learn faster, and retain more if I read about it first.

Bottom line? READ, READ and then RE-READ, then READ some more. Serious.

CHEERS!

Welcome to CS. Why don't you join the Newbie Gathering No.4 where you can meet new friends and learn from the other photogs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.