Newbie Here.. Which Micro Lens to Start with?

tamama

Nov 29, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Hi everyone.

Just bought a Nikon D7000 kit... I am very keen on taking micro photos on insects and flowers. Any Micro lens to start with? How about the Nikon DX Micro 85mm?

Thanks Thanks! =)

Hi i think u need to get your term rite. It should be macro lens.........not micro lens.

Hi i think u need to get your term rite. It should be macro lens.........not micro lens.

I think you need to get your term right, Nikon name their macro lenses as micro lenses, so he's right

Oops.....my apologies. Didn't know about that......:embrass:

Hi Hi everyone.

Just bought a Nikon D7000 kit... I am very keen on taking micro photos on insects and flowers. Any Micro lens to start with? How about the Nikon DX Micro 85mm?

Thanks Thanks! =)

85mm is a good range to start with, can get the 105mm if you want more close up. For a more affordable option, try the tamron 90mm macro

Oops.....my apologies. Didn't know about that......:embrass:

Haha can see why you didn't know though, only nikon calls it micro, not sure why they name it differently from the rest of the market.:bsmilie:

Hi Hi everyone.

Thanks Thanks! =)

hi TS, you can try tamron 90mm macro 2.8... not a bad lens too , worth the price you paid...

Thanks everyone. I feel so supported in this forum. I got so many answers within a day. =) I do a bit of reading and I have decided to go for budget lens and flash.

I may be getting Tamron 90mm macro and nikon speedlight sb-600. I heard there is a promotion coming for this light soon from ms color. =)

However, I looked at people's photo on Nikon DX mirco 85mm. The boket effect is so much more comfortable to the eyes, however, I am not sure if it is as sharp as the tamron lens. Both of these lens are at similar pricing. I am still a bit undecided from time to time. haha...

the tamron 90mm macro is good. and cheap too!

Sigma 150mm f2.8 pretty sharp.. :). I never regret buying this lens on my 300s