newbie here pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xan

Nov 11, 2003
hi everyone juz join this forum not long and erm hope u can help me with something which i dun understand...well anyway i have a nikon fm2 and whenever i take any pictures, i found tt e pictures is kinda of dark, meaning tht they always give me a kind of dark feeling, even though i shoot e pic in a bright area..so i would like to ask for advice is this...whether is it something wrong with my lens or my shooting position? pls advice..thanks

why dun you post your pics and give us a little background on the day condition of the scene as well as what kind of settings you use and the type of film you use. Will be helpful to pin the problem. Now details too sketchy.

Welcome to ClubSNAP!

Welcome Xan.

Sounds like underexposure to me. By any chance you're shooting against very bright backgrounds? They tend to 'fool' the metering system on the camera thus giving you 'dark' pictures ...

Hi, to make sure nothing goes wrong with your camera, you can try on a bright sunny day, go out to Orchard Road, take a few snap shots on the streets, dont point your camera to the sky, point it to the street level. See whether you get some correct exposure shots or still get the under exposure shots.

Is there an exposure compensation dial on the left side of your camera ? Usually at the same ring as the film rewind knob.

If there is one, it should be set to "0". Anything else would affect the light readings, causing over / under exposure.

OR

You have set the wrong ASA / ISO on your film speed ?

Similar effect as above.

Lensman said:
Is there an exposure compensation dial on the left side of your camera ? Usually at the same ring as the film rewind knob.

If there is one, it should be set to "0". Anything else would affect the light readings, causing over / under exposure.

OR

You have set the wrong ASA / ISO on your film speed ?

Similar effect as above.

FM2 don't have ex comp. Maybe is the ISO or inappropriate aperture/shutter setting.

Hello,
thank you all for e wonderful responses i got, i will definitely give it a try on all e above suggestion given. And one more thing, how do i ensure that e film i load inside is nicely fitted? Meaning that when the pictures are being developed, i dun see our pictures *invading* part of my picture? I mean this has something to do with the fitting of the film inside e camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.