Newbie here! Nikon D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2009
Singapore
Hey guys, I'm new here, sorry if there's a post on this. I need help on what I am supposed to get in a D5000 package (eg. lens kit, body kit, bag memory card flash card etc).Thanks. And tips on where I could get the best offer and such.

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast
Hello, anugrah. A very warm welcome to you.
Don't worry. Your post here will certainly attract the many Nikon users to look at your thread and to give you the needed answer.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Hello...welcome.

Your cam will usually come with memory card, some may even come with a bag. Do invest in a dry cabinet first, the rest can wait.

Oct 11, 2009
Singapore
How much does a dry cabinet would cost normally? and yeah, where are good trusty stores that i can buy from?

clemes85

Jul 17, 2008
Many dealers will throw in free memory card,if they dun, ask for it. ;)

Oct 11, 2009
Singapore
haha yeah, i heard, most packages come with the body,lens,memory card and bag. i need to buy a dry cabinet as well. And i read, that i can put two memory cards into most dSLRs?

Last edited:

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
How much does a dry cabinet would cost normally? and yeah, where are good trusty stores that i can buy from?
Look into the Market Place. You will find
- Lists of photographic shops
- Feedback and discussions about shops and their staff
- Price guides as rough indicator, including the source so that you can call the shops for further inquiries / stock.
In addition, there is the Equipment section where all kinds oif equipment (including Dry Cabinets) are discussed in detail.
Spend some time reading the forum. No point only looking at the top sections. The gems are deeper :)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2009
Singapore
haha okay okay. I read a lot of reviews. And since I'm just starting, I should get a D40, and more lens. It's a better investment that way. agree?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
haha okay okay. I read a lot of reviews. And since I'm just starting, I should get a D40, and more lens. It's a better investment that way. agree?
Actually no... The D40 is obsolete. Even the D40X and D60 are obsolete. If you're sure on the nikon path, get a D3000 or D5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom