newbie here needs advise

reszie

Nov 15, 2010
i have few questions for you guys! any kind soul :angel: who take time to answer, many thanks to you!:):):)
1. anyone knows where to get battery grip for a330?
2. i have a sunpak flash gun pf30X, is it a must to get a cap diffuser?
3. i only own kit lens SAL1855 is it good enough for travel?

i have few questions for you guys! any kind soul :angel: who take time to answer, many thanks to you!:):):)

1. Any camera store
2. No.
3. Yes.

1)A330 does not have a battery grip IIRC cos of its design.But i think ebay has some 3rd party ones...
2)No
3)Depends on your shooting style

Me too. At the moment I have two lens
a) kit lense - 18mm-55mm lense
b) 75mm-300mm lense (free)

I found it annoying when I miss the moment because I have to change from 18mm to 75mm. Is there any lense from 18mm-300mm+ in one lense that way I don't have to lost another moment?

What brand which are "best" even if it is not Canon lense?

I am thinking of buying a second hand. Are there any disadvantages of buying a second hand camera accessories like lense, camera body, etc.?

Please advise.

With thanks

fotocapturer

I found it annoying when I miss the moment because I have to change from 18mm to 75mm. Is there any lense from 18mm-300mm+ in one lense that way I don't have to lost another moment?
There are some super zoom lenses from Tamron. But such lenses always come with trade-offs. Learn to anticipate the scene, the moments, the behaviour of your subject. If you need to change from 75mm back to 18 and 75 again then you are not prepared for the shooting but just doing random snapping. Ever wondered how people can work with prime lenses even in street photography? No zoom, just knowing your subject(s) and the adjusting your behaviour.

What brand which are "best" even if it is not Canon lense?
Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander .. have a careful look at the price tags :bsmilie:
Each lens is different, some Canon lenses are great, some 3rd party ones don't need to hide either. Read the reviews, define your requirements. Many people dream about L lenses and whatnot, few really need them. But having a red ring makes many of them feel better ;)
Your 75-300 is one of the examples were 3rd party lenses are a better choice. Guess why it was for free..? :)

I am thinking of buying a second hand. Are there any disadvantages of buying a second hand camera accessories like lense, camera body, etc.?
Entirely your call. Some can't stand it that they are not the first one 'molesting' the lens. Some insist on warranty to get the dust blown off in service center for free and can complain to the staff there. Others just want to safe some money and give a damn about warranty. Cameras and lenses are not made of tofu, they can stand more that what most dare to believe. If you know the specifics of the gear you can do your own checks. Google helps in most cases to find all details, reviews and whatnot. Some generic tips are in the sticky threads here.

thanks.... me learn too.