Newbie Here! Need Pro's Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red4Ever

Aug 25, 2008
Hi all, I am a beginner and am really serious about learning more about cameras. :)
I was reading through reviews and all that stuff as I am looking to buy a DSLR and have narrowed down to 4 cameras.
1) Nikon D60
2) Canon 450D
3) Canon 1000D
4) Nikon D80
5) Any other recommendations from you pros.
Basically will be used for during traveling and maybe perhaps small events. Prefer live-view if thats what you call it but would appreciate comments on the above cameras be it the ones that have live-view or not.
Can all of you pros out there give me some advice on which one to buy?
Looking to get these lenses after getting the cameras. Understand that they are not compatible with Nikon but your great advices will be highly treasured.
Tokina AF 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6IS
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Thanks in advance ;P
(Update Of A Previous Thread Closed It As It Was Screwed Up!)

Last edited:
You've just answered your question....

Live view --> Got $$ 450D, no $$ 1000D

what's with the double post in another section, scared no ppl answer your question...
same advice as checkers since having live view is the main point of your question.

I'd ask you to GO DOWN to the shops and FEEL the cameras first. See which you would like better in your hands. Go fiddle with them, see how comfortable the controls are.

This is the MAIN priority...

You may want to consider Sony and Olympus if you want live view too.

Hello, Canon and Nikon do have Live View too.

And in addition , the specs for them look much better anyway

Hello, Canon and Nikon do have Live View too.

And in addition , the specs for them look much better anyway

HAHAAH

Sorry, but really... Have you even compared the LV implementation? You do know that on the Sony and Olympus you can focus while in LV and track moving objects, right? It's not the long "mirror up/down" delay you get with C and N.

Also, the specs of the C and N are not that good really. At least O and S have built-in IS for all lenses, tiltable LCD screen, etc.

HAHAAH

Sorry, but really... Have you even compared the LV implementation? You do know that on the Sony and Olympus you can focus while in LV and track moving objects, right? It's not the long "mirror up/down" delay you get with C and N.

Also, the specs of the C and N are not that good really. At least O and S have built-in IS for all lenses, tiltable LCD screen, etc.

TS has opened a can of worms :bsmilie: It's going to be another one of those debates about which brand is better. I myself am using an Olympus, and the LV + IS is a very nice feature to have. But regardless of the brand you buy, always remember that a better brand doesn't mean better pictures. The quality of the photo depends on the photographer. The camera is just a tool.

I'd go with zac08's recommendation. Do a little more research on what you want to buy. Go down to the camera store and get a feel of each one for yourself. You may also want to consider other factors such as expandability (like buying new lens, compatibility with 3rd party accessories, etc.).

I think you'll have a wide array of expansion when you go with Canon or Nikon. (So why am I using an Olympus despite of this? It's because I'm loyal to the brand, and I've had a good experience using Olympus in the past -- hence I don't mind if I have a limited choice of 3rd party lens :D)

not only in this thread, think TS also open another can of worms in another thread...

Im curious, why do u use the phase "Can of worms" to mean disaster? :bsmilie:

Im curious, why do u use the phase "Can of worms" to mean disaster? :bsmilie:

Since when is the meaning of "can of worms" disaster?
According to Answers.com, it means a source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.