newbie here & need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Rush

Nov 24, 2004
hi, guys.

i wanna buy a set of dc, but am not very familiar with S'pore,for i've been here only several months :cry: . Could ya tell me the location of the popular and reliable shops where i can get resonable qoutes?

Thanks a lot. :)

Take MRT to City Hall, and take a short walk to Peninsular Plaza, its next to Funan Mall. Inside Peninsular Plaza there are many camera shops. Some are good and some are no good. My advise is dont look/act like a tourist.

Astin said:
Take MRT to City Hall, and take a short walk to Peninsular Plaza, its next to Funan Mall. Inside Peninsular Plaza there are many camera shops. Some are good and some are no good. My advise is dont look/act like a tourist.
hi, Astin.

thanks 4 the information, but r there any recommended particular shops? some posts mentioned MSColor, Alan Photo or somethin'. where can i find them?

Mad Rush said:
hi, Astin.

thanks 4 the information, but r there any recommended particular shops? some posts mentioned MSColor, Alan Photo or somethin'. where can i find them?

I would only recommend:
- Cathay Photo for large selection and reasonable price, it is inside the Peninsular Plaza 1st floor.
- John 3:16 Photo for friendly staff but slightly higher price, it is inside the Funan Mall 3rd floor.

I am neutral with Alan Photo.

I dont like MSColor.

Astin said:
I would only recommend:
- Cathay Photo for large selection and reasonable price, it is inside the Peninsular Plaza 1st floor.
- John 3:16 Photo for friendly staff but slightly higher price, it is inside the Funan Mall 3rd floor.

I would say try John 3:16 at Funan Shopping centre. If price too high, hope over to cathay photo to compare before buying.

I have bought quite a few things from MS Colour. Found their prices to be cheap. Service wise is quite good.

You can try to send an e-qoute to them. And decide if you want to buy from them.
www.mscolor.com.sg

Astin said:
I would only recommend:

I am neutral with Alan Photo.

I dont like MSColor.
thank u soooooooooo much for ur help~ ;)

ortega said:
try this first

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=37569

then read the posts, there are many references to shops and prices.
The penisular area has a cluster of photography related shops.

Welcome to Singapore

Ortega reply reflect correctly what you should do. Search for previous threads for such info.

There have been too many such requests for recommendation of shop in this forum. Each time, kind-hearted forum members are drawn to help advertised these shops.

Sometime I wonder what is the true intention.

Hi, the TRUE intention is that many of us have bought stuffs from various shops and therefore able to justify which have the better services, prices etc...

if you look/check properly, most of the shops mentioned are always those few... I myself, and I believe all most of them who had done the recommendations were not related to any shops and SIMPLY just wanted to share the good experiences to other CSers.. :D

If you are not convince, try going to the shops mentioned and compare with others...

Btw if you have the direct link and free, why not just provide for the threadsetter instead of always telling them to do a search... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.