Newbie here ask about bounce card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipapa

Aug 29, 2004
Tampines
photobucket.com
Hi newbie here,
hihi heard from witness that this is quite a nice community and started looking at ur forums. Ok before i ask my qn i just wanna intro myself,
I was once studying Photoshop and doing stupid designs till i realised that i do not have run out of materials to edit. Then i went on to photography. I bought a low end A75, super budget and super cheap. Anyway now the photos i take, esp at low light conditions has tendency to be too noisy at high ISO speeds. When i am taking them with flash, the object seems to be too overexposed.
Now the thing is i want to do a project to add an attachment for bounce card to be added to my A75 but don't really know how. I attached some ideas (quite badly drawn i know :dunno: ) below on where to place the bounce card and hope experts out there can offer me some advice as to how to do it best.

130462-thumb.jpg

130461-thumb.jpg

hi there!
you might want to try using a periscope instead of a single card. :thumbsup:

Hi, you need flashclip.

Checkout this website http://www.flashclip.net/

I bought 2 from them, if you want I can sell you one. $30, no profit one hor, just wanna help.

Cheers
Max 2.8

LiOnElLiN said:
hi there!
you might want to try using a periscope instead of a single card. :thumbsup:

hi lioneilin, i don't really understand what is a periscope can u please enlighten me? thanks

oh hey! forget the periscope! what you want is the flash clip! :bsmilie:

Max 2.8 said:
Hi, you need flashclip.

Checkout this website http://www.flashclip.net/

I bought 2 from them, if you want I can sell you one. $30, no profit one hor, just wanna help.

Cheers
Max 2.8

hmm.... after using it do u think it is good? i was actually looking for smthing bigger.

Generally,
Does the size of the bounce piece have any effect on the eventual photo?

What you actually need is thick paper board (3-5mm thick) + silver stickers (must be super reflective like mirror one) + super glue. I do have one bounce made of plastic for my A80. If you want to see maybe meet up during outing or something.

hmmmm.....nipapa...pm tunster or something la...he's a80 modify until super power lo ahah.....

Err... Max 2.8, i'm really interested in buying the flashclip from you how can i contact u?
Tunster... can you like post a photo of ur modified A80, i'm equally interested in ur camera.

hi tungster,
wow, i saw ur profile... couldn't believe ur only using an A80!! The pictures were fantastic. Did u use any other lens? how did u take the photos with the butterflies? I think it was really alot of detail and the blurring of the background was great. I can't achieve this with my A75 (maybe i'm lousy, i donno) but everything always seems so clear. (arrgh irritating!)

Advice? please

Actually A80 and A75 can't really achieve the shallow DOF. I played cheat. hehhee...PS away the background. Anyway, I do have my wide con attached most of the time. As for the sample hoh. I don't have the plastic one I'm using now. But I do have my old paper made one.

Bounce01.jpg

Bounce02.jpg

Bounce03.jpg

bouncetest.jpg

If you want the layout. Can try this
layout.jpg

oh my god! thanks alot tunster. *jaw drops* cao! this is like.... wow~~ so original.... and really really thanks for sharing it with me. I've always wanted to know how you ppl try bouncing light. I'm gonna get one done right away ....
Thanks a million tunster

ya... i agree... it's like a A80 monster. Think canon should look at his prototype and reconsider their design.

you can try getting defusion paper or tracing paper and paste it over the flash. this will help soften the flash. ...a old method employed even with tissue paper over flash before all the different domes came into the market. simple but works.

nipapa said:
oh my god! thanks alot tunster. *jaw drops* cao! this is like.... wow~~ so original.... and really really thanks for sharing it with me. I've always wanted to know how you ppl try bouncing light. I'm gonna get one done right away ....
Thanks a million tunster

No problem, anyway this thing I seldom use now. Bought myself 2 slave flashes for more flash power. Now just flash to trigger. Not to lit. Unless for occasion that I can't have 2 hands in work. ;)

hi guys, haven been asking qns for 3 days liao.
ok ... here's the thing, i head that laminating anycard can also act as a good bounce card to soften the flash. Is that true? i'd really like to try making one ... i made a little one but it is only effective if the object is close. *sad*
i think i still need alot alot of experience... ya?

Whenever you use bounce for A80, the metering won't work already. You must put yourself in Manual mode and likely, full blast the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.