Newbie here... advise needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukoo

Apr 9, 2004
Hi, first post in this forum. ;)

Just bought a canon G5. Anyone can advise on how to maintain a digicam?
Do I need a cleaning kit? Any guides on choosing a cleaning kit?

thanks in advance..

basically, keep it in a dry place.

if possible, invest in a good LEATHER pouch with soft cushioning inside for ur digital cam.

always take out ur battery and memory card when not in use for a period of more than 48hrs.

hmmm.....IMO, those are the few most BASIC things u should do. :D u shud read up more on it.

Sukoo said:

QUOTE]

Use it.

Actually you don't really need any cleaning kit at all, simply clean with a cloth + a blower. that's all.. :blah:

jonlou said:

if possible, invest in a good LEATHER pouch with soft cushioning inside for ur digital cam.

always take out ur battery and memory card when not in use for a period of more than 48hrs.

hmmm.....IMO, those are the few most BASIC things u should do. :D u shud read up more on it.

Oh yes.. a pouch. The G5 doesn't comes with a pouch. I bought it during the canon promotion. Only comes with a tripod and 256mb CF.

Thanks for the advise on removing the CF and battery when not in use. I'll keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

BASIC things like? Those mentioned in the threat given by "The Cheat" ? or u mean the manual that comes with the camera?

Minoxman said:
Sukoo said:

QUOTE]

Use it.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Still reading the user guide and trying to get familiar with the features... tried a few snaps at home and outdoors already... :D

result no good leh... errr I mean my skill, definately not the G5's problem. The Auto seems to be working the best for me now :sweatsm:

Spyer2 said:
Actually you don't really need any cleaning kit at all, simply clean with a cloth + a blower. that's all.. :blah:

A blower? What's that? electrical device?

Blower - a simple device to blow air... most are in the form of a ball like thing.. with a tube to direct the air out as you squeeze the ball

iceberg said:
Blower - a simple device to blow air... most are in the form of a ball like thing.. with a tube to direct the air out as you squeeze the ball

Hey, I think I have seen something like that before in some shops.. thanks. Will get one. So all I gotta do is use it to blow away the dust or small particles on the lens?

jonlou said:

I learn something too. I shall go and take out my battery and memory card from my camera now, cause I put them in the camera all the time

jonlou said:

eh? issit? nv really heard of that thou... :dunno:

Hmmmm .... my CF card is always in the camera to avoid taking in/out from the chamber. .... ;)

Battery advise to remove if you intends not to shoot for long time ... how long I dun know depends on you lar....... :D

KNIGHT ONG said:
Hmmmm .... my CF card is always in the camera to avoid taking in/out from the chamber. .... ;)

Battery advise to remove if you intends not to shoot for long time ... how long I dun know depends on you lar....... :D

lol :D
come to think of it, is there any guideline or anything...hmmm :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.