Newbie Help.

Ng Yu Lun

May 26, 2013
Hi,i want to buy a 600D with kit(18-55mm). Should i buy the kit or should i go with this lens.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=zg_bs_562261011_1"]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=zg_bs_562261011_1
Don't have a high budget.

Welcome to ClubSNAP. :)

Not too sure what is your tight budget, for your information the latest Canon model are 100D and 700D.

Hi,i want to buy a 600D with kit(18-55mm). Should i buy the kit or should i go with this lens.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=zg_bs_562261011_1"]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=zg_bs_562261011_1
Don't have a high budget.

Well... I would advise that you go with the 18-55mm or better still, the 18-135mm kit. Don't get me wrong, prime lens (the likes of 50mm f1.8) is a good lens (sharp, cheap and light), however, if you do not have prior photography experience, 50mm lens is not a simple lens to use, while 18-55mm or 18-135mm would provide you with more versatility.

Thank for all reply, for 700d is out of my budget (my budget around 900). Can 18-55mm lens take good and sharp picture?Maybe i should get a 650D?

Last edited:
Thank for all reply, for 700d is out of my budget (my budget around 900). Can 18-55mm lens take good and sharp picture?Maybe i should get a 650D?

Yes and let me assure you, the EF 18-55mm can take excellent photos. I use that on my 1000D and 40D and the result is pleasing.

And... if I were you... I would go for 650D, forget about 700D because that is basically the same camera as 650D (same sensor, same focusing system, same everything... and with very very very minor and unimportant update - not even worthy to be called an upgrade).

My humble advice 😅 Get a set from our B/S section , use it get to know it well and how to maintance it before getting new ones .

With proper photography techniques and photoshop skills, you will definitely yield satisfying results.

Try to get something within your budget and build up your gears overtime when you further know what you need.

650D and 18-55mm is definitely a good combo to begin with IMHO and it should cost no more than $1000 now. :)

are these photos good enough for you??

Yes and let me assure you, the EF 18-55mm can take excellent photos. I use that on my 1000D and 40D and the result is pleasing.

And... if I were you... I would go for 650D, forget about 700D because that is basically the same camera as 650D (same sensor, same focusing system, same everything... and with very very very minor and unimportant update - not even worthy to be called an upgrade).

Wow those picture look quite sharp.Thank for the great help guy.Guess i will go with 650d kit.

With proper photography techniques and photoshop skills, you will definitely yield satisfying results.

Try to get something within your budget and build up your gears overtime when you further know what you need.

650D and 18-55mm is definitely a good combo to begin with IMHO and it should cost no more than $1000 now. :)

Hi,thank for reply may i know if 50mm lens will take a good landscape shot?

although its a lens not commonly used for landscape, you can achieve interesting and unique results. the key is to find the ideal composition and subject to fill the frame. requires more thinking and trying.

Yes, you can.

Introducing the Wonderful World of 50mm Prime Lenses

However, like I mentioned before, 50mm lens is not exactly easy to use, if you have no prior knowledge and skills in photography, I would advise that you go with the kit lens first, learn the basic, know what focal length you normally shoot with... then think of getting a prime lens.

Yes it can but its a very subjective question as it is all narrowed down to the user perspectives.

Personally for me, I only use my 50mm 1.4 for portraiture purposes and bokeh effects.

although its a lens not commonly used for landscape, you can achieve interesting and unique results. the key is to find the ideal composition and subject to fill the frame. requires more thinking and trying.

Yes, you can.
However, like I mentioned before, 50mm lens is not exactly easy to use, if you have no prior knowledge and skills in photography, I would advise that you go with the kit lens first, learn the basic, know what focal length you normally shoot with... then think of getting a prime lens.

Yes it can but its a very subjective question as it is all narrowed down to the user perspectives.

Personally for me, I only use my 50mm 1.4 for portraiture purposes and bokeh effects.

Thank!!Guess i will get the kit 1st.
digital-photography-school.com/crop-factor-explained
For this articles i guess even i got a 50mm i will get a 80mm shot?

Thank for all the reply good night.

Thank!!Guess i will get the kit 1st.
digital-photography-school.com/crop-factor-explained
For this articles i guess even i got a 50mm i will get a 80mm shot?

In a sense, yes. But please remember, the focal length of a lens do not change no matter which camera you mount it on (directly or via adapter). However as for Canon's APS-C sensor, you would need to multiply 1.6 to the focal distance of the lens due to crop factor.

With effective composition, you can use a variety of focal lengths for landscape. For wider expansive shots such as those with with interesting foreground emphasis for instance, a wide lens could come handy. I love the compressive effects of an 85mm for landscapes as well.

Ryan

With effective composition, you can use a variety of focal lengths for landscape. For wider expansive shots such as those with with interesting foreground emphasis for instance, a wide lens could come handy. I love the compressive effects of an 85mm for landscapes as well.

Ryan

Thank you all for the help.^^

Ryan

That is, if you have loads of space to spare :bsmilie: