Newbie have a qus

kelchew

Feb 25, 2011
bedok
Hi all, can I ask, when the shop selling lens and cam in the shop,
I saw they jus put it in the box(not inside a dry cab) will the lens get fungus grow?

If you do notice, each lens box usually comes with a pack of silica beads. Helps to remove moisture. Besides those shops are usually in air-con room which reduces moisture by quite a bit. I dun feel a need to worry.

If you do notice, each lens box usually comes with a pack of silica beads. Helps to remove moisture. Besides those shops are usually in air-con room which reduces moisture by quite a bit. I dun feel a need to worry.

Oh they have the silica bag inside, didn't notice my have they when I get the lens, hee
Jus wonder how they keep the lens fungus free. Now I know

anyway, they are in aircon room . . . .

Do u know funan's challenger operates 24/7? Unless they have their own air-con system, I think the mall's air-con should be still in operation. Not too sure abt the rest but I dun think it's a huge problem.

Do u know funan's challenger operates 24/7? Unless they have their own air-con system, I think the mall's air-con should be still in operation. Not too sure abt the rest but I dun think it's a huge problem.

How do you get in if challenger is on the top floor? Have to walk up a flight of escalators?

I don't think the aircon is 24hr, normally the mall will aircon is on from 10am-10pm only

as long as the air is dry, even there is no air con, the fungus always won't grow.

I saw they jus put it in the box(not inside a dry cab) will the lens get fungus grow?

They sell for so long, if all kena fungus I think a lot of these shops will just emo close shop..

Don't worry about it. :)

Thanks for the reply guy,

No worries man, if fungus grew so easily many shops would have gone out of business and Digital imaging companies would have to ship their products out in dry cabs or dry boxes rather then cardboard boxes ! haha

Even dry cabs are not drying the air 24x7. Once target humidity is reached, the dehumidifier will turn off.

dont worry so much =). no problem for me after purhcase

kelchew said:

Maybe they have a special cupboard that no need dry cabi that can maintain the humidity? Trade secret cannot tell you? :bsmilie: