Newbie greeting CS shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanoo

Jan 29, 2010
Choa Chu Kang
A very properous new year to CS people here! I just registered 20 mins ago.. :bsmilie:
Been following the happenings in this forum for 2 years now but never have the cheek to register and say hello.
Now, face got thicker, so, I expose myself. (hopefully not over exposing... :sweat:)
I was using pns (film type) all the time and recently wanting to buy a SLR (film type) to learn abit of the metering thingy, exposure thingy, shutter thingy etc... :dunno:
Hoping to get the nikon F3 HP to practice. I know the F3 is a legend and hopefully I can lay hands on one (working one... ) via this forum's buy and sell.

Once again, greetings to all... HUAT AR!

Welcome to the club mate!

Hope you get your camera soon, and hope you'll share your pics with us!

Cheers!

Thanks limwhow, dingaroo and Galdor..
Cheers!

Thanks akszaksz.
Sure sure...sharing is intended.

A very properous new year to CS people here! I just registered 20 mins ago.. :bsmilie:
Been following the happenings in this forum for 2 years now but never have the cheek to register and say hello.
Now, face got thicker, so, I expose myself. (hopefully not over exposing... :sweat:)
I was using pns (film type) all the time and recently wanting to buy a SLR (film type) to learn abit of the metering thingy, exposure thingy, shutter thingy etc... :dunno:
Hoping to get the nikon F3 HP to practice. I know the F3 is a legend and hopefully I can lay hands on one (working one... ) via this forum's buy and sell.

welcome to CS...

I do think that a digital camera with manual controls (need not be DSLR) will offer a much quicker route to learning about "metering thingy, exposure thingy, shutter thingy, etc"
The difference is the immediacy of the response. You can literally see within seconds, the effect of changing any particular setting.

Welcome to CS!

Thanks Numnumball, Omahunk, ZerocoolAstra, Dream Merchant and geebrains.
I do have a canon digital cam A620 with manual fn and i always use manual fn. The only problem is it's limitations.
Moreover, i am still quite in love with film. haha... But really appreciate your advice, ZerocoolAstra.

Get an F5 if you're not opposed to AF. A good condition piece should be around $500 max.

The circuits in an F3 may be old and unreliable. Even back then, replacing the circuit board costed more than $800. Now it's obsolete even if you're willing to pay.

If you prefer manual cameras, there is always other Nikon choices.

CHEERS!

Thanks Numnumball, Omahunk, ZerocoolAstra, Dream Merchant and geebrains.
I do have a canon digital cam A620 with manual fn and i always use manual fn. The only problem is it's limitations.
Moreover, i am still quite in love with film. haha... But really appreciate your advice, ZerocoolAstra.

ahhh... ok.
Well your first post stated you wanted a film SLR to learn about exposure, metering, etc.
Didn't know you already had an "advanced" PnS.

You're still in love with film... now that's a different point altogether :)

Get an F5 if you're not opposed to AF. A good condition piece should be around $500 max.

The circuits in an F3 may be old and unreliable. Even back then, replacing the circuit board costed more than $800. Now it's obsolete even if you're willing to pay.

If you prefer manual cameras, there is always other Nikon choices.

CHEERS!

Ah...I see. F5 is nice... I will definitely consider your advice. Thank you.

Hello Nanoo, welcome to CS!

welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.