Newbie going Korea in Dec, needs advices

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwindows

Jan 1, 2007
Hi guys,

I will be going to Korea Seoul and Jeju Island for honeymoon this december. It will be winter. I am holding a Canon 400D. As for lens, I have the kit lens, Sigma APO DG 70-300mm, Canon 50mm. I don't think I should be bringing all three lens to Korea since I will be following a package tour. If I were to bring two lens (or one preferably) Which one should I bring and why? Should I get another lens (gives me a good excuse to add one more lens :) ) ? For overseas trip, do you usually bring a tripod or monopod out? Pls advise thanks!

Bring your kit and 70-300. Bring a tripod for the timed shots.

bring all...since 50mm does not weight much lor...

u might need it for low light...:cool:

bring all...since 50mm does not weight much lor...

u might need it for low light...:cool:

Hehehe... people going for honeymoon, how can bring so many lenses??!!

Jokes aside, I personally think that the 50mm is light enough to just bring along. No harm. But if you are new to DSLR, then you may find yourself using your kit lens and your 70-300 more as I personally do find that new users prefer some variation. So my opinion, save yourself the trouble. Just your kit lens and the 70-300. What do you think?

i hv been to korea n also jeju...

in dec...winter...
bring extra batt...in cold weather, the cam will drink more juice from the batt...

i would suggest u bring ur kit len n ur 50...bring along a flash jus in case.
my experience when i went on this tour, i don't need a tele and plenty of space to move abt to compose my shots.
speakin of which, a UWA len would b nice for landscape, but i'm assume ur kit is 18-55, so should b ok liao....

at nite they seldom bring u out...somemore it's freezin in winter, doubt u will venture out urself also

batt, kit len,50, flash...

The 50 1.8 is a must to bring for low light situation if you decide to go out at night. Currently i'm traveling through europe, and i carry on me a mid range zoom and a UWA and a long tele lens. I rarely touch the long tele lens, only when to shoot birds or churches very far away.

Your kit lens and 50 1.8 will be enuff imo. I think the most important thing is to be able to move around freely and not be bogged down with equipment, and to enjoy your honeymoon. It's a honeymoon, not a photography trip!

I would be doing the same thing too this coming dec, how heavy is your current tripod?
Mines around 1.4kg, not sure if its advisable to bring. (cheap Stein zeiser tripod):dunno:

Last edited:
Honeymoon trip, a kit lens + lightweight 50mm will do. A tripod is better than a long tele...

I assume you won't be producing a big print if you are shooting a tele photo. So, just crop your photo to get a tele view if you are not very particular on the details. Well, many people are so concern about the long lens to capture far object during a trip, but come on... how many of them really view it at actual size? Most of them just view it on screen, which can be done by a medium range focal length with magnified view on actual size.

My 20cents opinions only.

i won't even advise on bringing a tripod. Unless you're doing lots of night shoots or using very strong ND filters, u won't ever need a tripod.

But then again i do shoot alot at f/2.8 and 400 ISO indoors for churches, but in korea, i don't think low light will be an issue in the day. Since it is a tour, you can always ask someone to take the photo for you.

bring the tripod
cos there might b problem findin ppl to take pics for u n ur wife together.

Hi guys,

I will be going to Korea Seoul and Jeju Island for honeymoon this december. It will be winter. I am holding a Canon 400D. As for lens, I have the kit lens, Sigma APO DG 70-300mm, Canon 50mm. I don't think I should be bringing all three lens to Korea since I will be following a package tour. If I were to bring two lens (or one preferably) Which one should I bring and why? Should I get another lens (gives me a good excuse to add one more lens :) ) ? For overseas trip, do you usually bring a tripod or monopod out? Pls advise thanks!

I was there in 2007. If u're shooting a lot including night, bring a light travel tripod. Lens wise all u'll need is a wide and tele.

Will be going to Korea and Jeju this December for honeymoon too.
Will be bringing along my tripod and 17-50 only.
But if i getting the Tamron 18-270, i will leave behind the 17-50. :)

seems like alot of peeps going to korea year end for honeymoon. ;)

it is your honeymoon, spend more time honeymooning and less time taking photos

bring a light setup and a mini tripod for couple shots
yes a small flash would be good, SB400 comes into mind

jeju is nice.
when i was there, the oranges were in season.
the small 1s r sweet,while the big 1s not so...
if u hv time, go to the jeju sex park...LoL...doubt so ur guide will bring u there

Status
Not open for further replies.