Newbie going for IR--advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DodoAngel

Jan 29, 2006
singapore
hey all. i'm currently using a canon 20d. after looking at the impressive pics in this forum, i'm thinking of trying out IR photography. has anyone tried using the efs17-85 with 20d for ir before? does this combination work? and also how much will a R72 67mm filter for my 17-85 cost? where's the best place to get it?

please advice. thanks. ;)

DodoAngel said:
hey all. i'm currently using a canon 20d. after looking at the impressive pics in this forum, i'm thinking of trying out IR photography. has anyone tried using the efs17-85 with 20d for ir before? does this combination work? and also how much will a R72 67mm filter for my 17-85 cost? where's the best place to get it?

Hi there,

IIRC, a 67mm Hoya R72 IR Filter will cost around more than $150 or so. You can go to TK Foto or CP to ask.

DodoAngel said:

Cathy, I bought mine last year March, $88.00.

You can ask MS color to give you a qoute, but need to place order as they don't carry any stock.

Hope this help.

Got my R72, 67mm at TK Foto for $80/-.

Call and check with James for stock availibility.

hey thanks alot. will try and get my very own filter soon. ;)

DodoAngel said:

;) Any comment on EFS 17-85 IS len for IR ???

teerex said:
Got my R72, 67mm at TK Foto for $80/-.

Call and check with James for stock availibility.

My bad, think I mixed up the price for the R72 filter. :(
But a 77mm cost around SGD$250 over, right? Thought of getting a bigger one then use step-up ring for all my different lenses size,. Currently only have a 52mm and can only be used on my 105mm Micro and 50mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.