Newbie-friendly Photoshoot Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

chauromano

Jan 14, 2009
Hi All,

I am a new member and also still quite new in photography. Does someone know any upcoming photoshoot sessions that are "newbie-friendly"? A session where maybe someone can guide someone like me how to shoot models? Or maybe learn a trick or two?

Thanks!

Take a look at the Photoshoots sub forum.

I think most of the shoots there r quite newbie friendly. :)

All the shoots are newbie friendly. I have participated in quite a number already and have never encountered a hostile one before.

Choose a theme you like and just shoot away. Have fun.

Participants may ask each other if a particular setting is shot over/under exposed. Poses that will look nice. Direction of lighting. It makes the exchange and shoot interesting.

On the other hand, if you are looking for detailed coaching (what aperture and shutter speed to use huh?), expect no one will be there to do that unless you have paid for the other photog's share of the shoot.

Hi All,

I am a new member and also still quite new in photography. Does someone know any upcoming photoshoot sessions that are "newbie-friendly"? A session where maybe someone can guide someone like me how to shoot models? Or maybe learn a trick or two?

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm response! I have looked into the available photoshoot sessions and is very inclined to join one.

Another question that popped into mind is, if I do join a photoshoot, will everything be provided already except of course the camera? I mean I don't have to worry about lighting and all those what nots? Just bring my camera and shoot away?;)

Are there like any guidelines when joining a photoshoot? Advisable gear [flash, lens, etc]?

Thanks for the warm response! I have looked into the available photoshoot sessions and is very inclined to join one.

Another question that popped into mind is, if I do join a photoshoot, will everything be provided already except of course the camera? I mean I don't have to worry about lighting and all those what nots? Just bring my camera and shoot away?;)

Are there like any guidelines when joining a photoshoot? Advisable gear [flash, lens, etc]?
You are supposed to bring everything that you require to shoot, for example, Camera, Flash, Batteries, etc. Generally, the organizer will not provide any of these unless he/she stated that he/she will. There are no explicit guidelines when joing a photoshoot. Just be friendly, considerate and use your common sense. As for what gears to bring, it depends on individual shooting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.