Newbie first shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi. I am not too sure if this belongs to a newbie thread or the critique corner. But do pardon me if i have posted in teh wrong area.

Meanwhile, here are some of the pictures i have taken with my C700. PLs keep in mind these are my first few shoots so it isn't anything to rave about. Please give me your pointers and i'll be glad to learn from all who shares his/her POV.

Er,.. sorry.. edited this post.

The pictures that i have posted seem too big to be posted out right like this.. let me resize them....

Ok.. here is a re-sized one

smallPicture%20001.jpg

Here is another...

smallPicture%20027.jpg

Kindly advise....

Seems like its a bit blur ...there's some noise i think correct me if I'm wrong ....

Maybe you shld post the settings as well. Then we can tell what went wrong. :)

Picture%20033.jpg

Night view out of my window.... Quite noisy right?

Even after i used mediachance's hotpixel to remove.. still looks quite bad..

far distance object after 8 sec exposure....

Did you try to do Unsharp mask(USM) ?? Or at least some sharping? Oso, I think that most of your shot are hand held which cause the pic to be blur! Even mount on 3pod, make sure that the 3pod not shaking when taking! Or using cable releasae of timer to eliminate camera shake!

Try not to take things at noght for DC as noise level will def high!
The best way to test out is go along with us for a shoot and learn by seeing !

Picture%20036.jpg

Well, here is a ISO100, F2.8, With 2 sec exposure with a tripod with zoome onto an object quite far away..

anyway to make it sharper?

Kindly advise.

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Did you try to do Unsharp mask(USM) ?? Or at least some sharping? Oso, I think that most of your shot are hand held which cause the pic to be blur! Even mount on 3pod, make sure that the 3pod not shaking when taking! Or using cable releasae of timer to eliminate camera shake!

Try not to take things at noght for DC as noise level will def high!
The best way to test out is go along with us for a shoot and learn by seeing !

OK. Noted! :)

Thank you!

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Picture%20036.jpg

Well, here is a ISO100, F2.8, With 2 sec exposure with a tripod with zoome onto an object quite far away..

anyway to make it sharper?

Kindly advise.
Use timer and make sure that the 3pod don't shake!

go to download breeze browser program to help you to extract the EXIF data out.

all your nite shots are underexposed ... you need to exposure longer ...

fixed.JPG

Ok.. here is one that is set at ISO400.

Taken with a timer and tripod.

Still looks abt blurred

Exposed for 2.5 secs i think.. erm...

Higher ISO will requires in noiser picture. Try to stick to the lowest ISO if possible.

Although your picture appears dark in lower ISO, try leaving the shutter open for longer period. You're using 2.5sec now, how about trying the longest shutter speed for your 700uz? ( correct me if i'm wrong, I'm also learning :D )

Originally posted by revenant
Higher ISO will requires in noiser picture. Try to stick to the lowest ISO if possible.

Although your picture appears dark in lower ISO, try leaving the shutter open for longer period. You're using 2.5sec now, how about trying the longest shutter speed for your 700uz? ( correct me if i'm wrong, I'm also learning :D )

Hmmm.. max out the exposure.. i can try but i thought that would cause alot of noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.