newbie first post please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweeper

Mar 25, 2005
Hi,

Please give your honest comments and how should I improve my skills.
Thanks in advance :sweat:

boy
DSC_0038_600x400.jpg

flower01
DSC_0065_600x400.jpg

flower02
DSC_0029_a_600x4001.jpg

these cannot view via link, dunno why ...

leaves
grid

gallery

quite good already, just minor nitpicks

boy: I feel that the blue sky is distracting, I would prefer to thave the whole bg with trees, also maybe a reflector or fil-in flash.

flower 1: again the BG, the brown leaf is distracting.

flower 2 is nice as it is, no changes needed.

sweeper said:
Hi,

Please give your honest comments and how should I improve my skills.
Thanks in advance :sweat:

All three photos are technically competent. If you are a newbie then you should be very pleased. I don't know what camera you have but the exposures and colour balances are good and you seem to have got to grips with selective depth of field on the second two.

The first, whilst little more than a snap shot, would probably sell on a stock library. The second, could do with a crop (in my opinion), but the third is, in my view, an exceptionally well observed photo. The composition is very good. (if you have an eye for a composition as simple, classic and balanced as this, already...I predict you will become a very good photographer indeed!!)

so sweating over ;)

thanks ortega for the comments

ortega said:
boy: I feel that the blue sky is distracting, I would prefer to thave the whole bg with trees, also maybe a reflector or fil-in flash.

agree with the blue sky , thanks again for pointing out , cos i totally didn't take this into consideration ...
was busy trying to take this photo b4 the boy ran away ...
i dunno this boy ... just happens to bump into him ...
he's real sporting ... :)

can advise on the fill in flash part ?
wouldn't it elminate the shadow/highlight effect on the face ?
I have not practise alot on flash yet ...

thanks for the kind feedback

stroma said:
I don't know what camera you have but the exposures and colour balances are good and you seem to have got to grips with selective depth of field on the second two.

I am using D70. Taken with Av mode and center weight metering.
For the color balance , I use PS to change the S curve to "enhance" the contrast ... cheating ? :sweat:

stroma said:
The first, whilst little more than a snap shot, would probably sell on a stock library. The second, could do with a crop (in my opinion), but the third is, in my view, an exceptionally well observed photo.

1st shot - lucky shot ... guess the boy's face area really match my camera's center weight to get the good exposure :)
no PS , no croping required ... v.v. rare for me ...

2nd shot - tried to crop,
but got stucked bcos of the the brown leaves in the bg ...

3rd -
heavyily PS .... got some sticks/branches under the water in the bg ...
remove it in PS ...

me still very far from being a competent photographer
:sweat: still sweating ... :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.