Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Sam

Apr 8, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all fellow ClubSNAP member.

Newbie reporting in.

My 1st agenda for my first post.

I'm here in search of good hard case pack, did few research and found pelican case and boblbee distributor in Singapore.

I'm in search for a single pack that could accommodate my laptop, photo camera equipment and luggage, a pack
that wont give me headache for soon to be my frequent flight (est 3 - 15day trip). As know im facing with lumbering 3 different pack for my trip.

Hence any user out there have experience or would like to share your opinion on the a/m product or others to recommend.

Cheers

Seems a bit overkill to use pelican case as normal luggage case... people will assume you're some contractor or spec ops operative.

I have a bright yellow HPRC for my large format camera, chose it over black because it'll be more easy to spot if someone tries to lift it.
HPRC is as good as pelican, same function throughout.

I measured my normal sized luggage case which is about 25"x20"x10". For Pelican equivalent (wheeled) there are a few choices, but all very squarish. Might be a bit hard to manoeuvre in the crowd, and agents might not carry the model here. Hard & Watertight Cases

Alternatively Cathay Photo carries the Thermodyne brand. It's more chio as a luggage, but way more pricey and even the largest case doesn't seem to have a big enough capacity for your needs.
Special Offers: Thermodyne SlimLine Cases | Cathay Photo

I think it's still cheaper & safer to have 1 clothes luggage and separate bags for laptop & camera.

Last edited:
Hi to both Senior Member,

Thanks for the respond, appreciate it. Will look into the links that provided.

Its seem that there not other alternative but to lumber 2-3 pack for each trip.

Anyway does anyone know the price range for pelican case? Were thinking to own at least 1 for my equipment, when to Marvid International 13 April 2012 and even drop an email. So far no respond yet. I need to know their operation hour cause i dont wanna make waste trip.

Cheers

Hi,

Do any of you know where I can get 0915 Pelican Hard Case for SD cards in Singapore? Been searching for quite a while, but to no avail:(

Bro PongKui,

You can try
Marvid International Pte Ltd
67 Ubi Crescent,
#01-06
Techniques Centre,
Singapore 408560

i believe they are the main distributor for Pelican Singapore.

Not sure of their operation hour when there couple of time seem close.

If any bros out there know of their operation hour and who to look for kind give a head up.

Cheers

Thank You so much!!!! will try them out..

Hi bros, don't know where to share but since its relevant to my previous enquiries. Might as well post it here.

Just got back from my business trip, as usual lugging around 2 bag instead of the usual 3 bag due to short trip.
1) Boblbee Megalopolis-Carry on contain;Laptop, Main DSLR, Document,
2) Normal Luggage-Check in contain laundry, nikon range finder, 2nd & 3rd DSLR with lighting and others equipment. Pack separately but still in the luggage divided needly.

Upon collection of luggage at the belt, notice that my luggage were tempered and quickly inform the custom officer so as they could verify just in case people tried to smuggle item in and im being the bait. Custom officer did it swiftly and I notice my nikon range finder were missing. Lounge a report of theft, even check with the insurance company for claim but were told it did not cover. Put aside the story.

My main question, how in future do you prevent situation to happen? Any options/opinion?

Its impossible to lug every equipment on carry on bag.

Share your experience and opinion, is there a pack that prevent intruder to your belonging.

Cheers

Lucky you did not lose more gear, why need to carry so much? Professional Photographer?

Instead of the boblbee megalopolis which is a bit too small, pack main dslr & 1 spare + speedlights, rangefinder, lenses & laptop into any of Thinktank airport series.
Airport Series

Put 3rd DSLR & other bulky items (light stand, tripod) into main luggage. Use Travel Sentry locks.
Travel Sentry - Look for the Red Diamond

If thieves want to break in then of course nothing much can be done to stop them, because even if they cannot break in, they can still run off with it. A Pelican case I feel will be quite attention grabbing.

Bro foxtwo,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, was lucky did not lose even more gear. Wont do good for my work.

Normally once i arrive at destination, will directly get to hotel and planned my route and the likely location my subject will be located base on data received and rent a bike or car, usually bike.
So it convenience for me to use Boblbee Megalopolis as my field-pack for 2 DSLR, Laptop and other necessary equipment that i may need for my hunt.
The rest of the luggage with tracking device on (GPS) will be left in the hotel room, while i locate for subject.

That usually the easy part, only recently i have notice that while either transit from plane or at arrival hall. Would at time face this unnecessary situation, (like the recent lost of my range finder) so were thinking of a solution.

But like you said thieves want to break in then of course nothing much can be done to stop them, because even if they cannot break in, they can still run off with it.

Currently im using a normal luggage to accommodate my laundry and my camera equipment which capped in a modular case separately.

Cheers

Hi bros, don't know where to share but since its relevant to my previous enquiries. Might as well post it here.

Just got back from my business trip, as usual lugging around 2 bag instead of the usual 3 bag due to short trip.
1) Boblbee Megalopolis-Carry on contain;Laptop, Main DSLR, Document,
2) Normal Luggage-Check in contain laundry, nikon range finder, 2nd & 3rd DSLR with lighting and others equipment. Pack separately but still in the luggage divided needly.

Upon collection of luggage at the belt, notice that my luggage were tempered and quickly inform the custom officer so as they could verify just in case people tried to smuggle item in and im being the bait. Custom officer did it swiftly and I notice my nikon range finder were missing. Lounge a report of theft, even check with the insurance company for claim but were told it did not cover. Put aside the story.

My main question, how in future do you prevent situation to happen? Any options/opinion?

Its impossible to lug every equipment on carry on bag.

Share your experience and opinion, is there a pack that prevent intruder to your belonging.

Cheers

Looks like they knew what they were thieving, usually dslrs are the ones targeted. Reminds me of the black paint M4 that went missing in our singpost warehouse after reaching SIngapore.

Kipling88

Not sure of the theft intention, cause I pack my camera modular case in a seperate compartment. So he/she just happen to saw my range finder make a quick grab. But hey I may be wrong, human got tons of character hard to judge.

But who ever stole my equipment, I hope you found peace in your soul.. All I know is that this weekend have to burn pocket for replacement of lost item.

Cheers

Bro foxtwo,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, was lucky did not lose even more gear. Wont do good for my work.

Normally once i arrive at destination, will directly get to hotel and planned my route and the likely location my subject will be located base on data received and rent a bike or car, usually bike.
So it convenience for me to use Boblbee Megalopolis as my field-pack for 2 DSLR, Laptop and other necessary equipment that i may need for my hunt.
The rest of the luggage with tracking device on (GPS) will be left in the hotel room, while i locate for subject.

That usually the easy part, only recently i have notice that while either transit from plane or at arrival hall. Would at time face this unnecessary situation, (like the recent lost of my range finder) so were thinking of a solution.

But like you said thieves want to break in then of course nothing much can be done to stop them, because even if they cannot break in, they can still run off with it.

Currently im using a normal luggage to accommodate my laundry and my camera equipment which capped in a modular case separately.

Cheers

I'm very curious in what or who you hunt now! ;)

Upon collection of luggage at the belt, notice that my luggage were tempered and quickly inform the custom officer so as they could verify just in case people tried to smuggle item in and im being the bait. Custom officer did it swiftly and I notice my nikon range finder were missing.

Let us know what airline you were flying. A friend told me this theft from luggage is rampantly happening in one of the budget airlines/terminal.

Last edited:
ricohflex said:
Let us know what airline you were flying. A friend told me this theft from luggage is rampantly happening in one of the budget airlines/terminal.

Took A A, transit from Vietnam Hanoi.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.