Newbie D90

leederong

Jan 25, 2010
Greetings all,

took on photography for about a year . got a D90 only with the kit len.

planning on getting a 50mm lens soon.

:)

Hi welcome to CS!

The 50mm is probably the most affordable prime, enjoy shooting!

Greetings all,

took on photography for about a year . got a D90 only with the kit len.

planning on getting a 50mm lens soon.

:)
Welcome to CS :)
why not use the kit lens more first, until you can figure out what kind of lens will suit you more. 50/1.8 is quite well-priced, but it could also become a well-priced white elephant :)
Use 50mm on your kit lens and see if that is a comfortable focal length for you.

why not use the kit lens more first, until you can figure out what kind of lens will suit you more. 50/1.8 is quite well-priced, but it could also become a well-priced white elephant :)
Use 50mm on your kit lens and see if that is a comfortable focal length for you.

Hi xhui,jgjonathangoh and ZerocoolAstra.:)

ZerocoolAstra- thanks for the advice. i will try that

I second this. Use your kit lens first.
If you wanted a lens that will allow for a shallower depth of field in the photos, then you might consider the 50mm next.
For nikkor lens, there are 3 choices; with 1. the cheapest.
1. 50 f1.8D
2. 50 f1.4D
3. 50 f1.4G

Welcome to CS!

Welcome to CS:) Consider more or borrow one first before buying, many people bought the 50mm f1.8 because its cheap but sell it away because they don't use it at all.

Good choice and starting learn...

Welcome to CS . . . ;)

if you are getting a 50mm 1.8, i feel that you can get anytime even now since it is quite affordable. Nice to have a prime lens to try out too. Anyway, it is a good lens to keep as well. :bsmilie:

Welcome to CS . . . ;)

if you are getting a 50mm 1.8, i feel that you can get anytime even now since it is quite affordable. Nice to have a prime lens to try out too. Anyway, it is a good lens to keep as well. :bsmilie:
hahaha you poisonous.

That was the first fast prime I bought, primarily because of its "attractive" price.
I don't use it much though. Find 50mm quite awkward on a DX camera, hence my advice to TS to try first on kit lens to see if the focal length is comfortable.

Welcome to CS:)

Hi Welcome!

35mm f1.8 would be a better choice . :devil:

Welcome to CS... Looking forward to your sharing... :D

congrats on your purchase and welcome to CS. :cool: