Newbie: Commander Mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

infusia

Dec 9, 2005
Hi guys,

sorry to post another question.
I was reading threads on SB600 and SB800.
Both works for my D50 but there is one thing that says something like a commander mode
which i don't really understand. And it seems like the SB600 does not "suit" the D50. Any comments?

Regards
Infusia

1) SB600 does suit D50
2) D50 has no built in remote commander to trigger e SB600 remotely (wirelessly)
3) U need to mount SB800 onto D50 to act as e remote commander to fire SB600 and/or SB800 remotely

ok.. i found an article sayin something like this...
u can place a number of SB600/SB800 around ur oject, then when u take a picture (suppose using a D70), u can simultaniously fire all the flashes "remotely" right?

So the D50 lacks this ability with the Sb600 and no problems with the SB800.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

the d50 built-in flashlight does not hav cmd mode. the sb600 speedlite does not hav cmd mode. the sb800 speedlite does hav cmd mode. if u own a d50, u need a sb800 to giv u cmd mode.

my d70s built-in flashlight has cmd mode so i can use tt to trigger the remote flashes. ur d50 alone cannot. tts y u need to attach a sb800 to cmd the remote flashes

eh then not necessary for me liao..
i dun need this kind of fancy thing (to me that is)
just a flash like a SB600 will do.

thanks for the explanation...

i don't even have the flashes... how to RTFM??
:p

Internet has them, if you bothered to search :sticktong

espn said:
Internet has them, if you bothered to search :sticktong

Correct.... :sweat: .

I have Nikon SB600, SB800, Sigma EF500DG pdf manual. But I don't have any of them :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

reflecx said:
Why bother to post such replies? :kok:

RTFM cannot answer certain questions like why the SB-600 might not be suitable for the D50.
you will need to rtfm of the camera and flash.

RTFM is to tell you to RTFM first before asking questions.

BTW where do you think the answers came from?
The people who answer the questions have RTFMed already
and usually the answer can be found there
or by using the search function of either the forum or doing a google.

BTW you don't need an SB-800 to do CLS on a D50
now there is also the SU800

SU-800_SB-R200.jpg

ortega said:
BTW you don't need an SB-800 to do CLS on a D50
now there is also the SU800

SU-800_SB-R200.jpg

I'm curious to see how the SB-R200 attaches itself to the lens. Also, if it is possible to attach it to a 3rd party macro lens like Tamron 90mm.

seankyh said:
I'm curious to see how the SB-R200 attaches itself to the lens. Also, if it is possible to attach it to a 3rd party macro lens like Tamron 90mm.
3rd party lens? no problem

http://nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/FLASH/IMAGES/SU-800_SB-R200-SX-1.jpg

the attachment ring SX-1
http://nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/FLASH/IMAGES/SU-800_SB-R200-SX-1a.jpg

Adapter Ring Set
http://nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/FLASH/IMAGES/SU-800_SB-R200-AdapterRing.jpg

all these and more can be found at

www.nikon.com.sg

ortega said:
you will need to rtfm of the camera and flash.

RTFM is to tell you to RTFM first before asking questions.

BTW where do you think the answers came from?
The people who answer the questions have RTFMed already and usually the answer can be found there or by using the search function of either the forum or doing a google

Sorry hor, you mean people have to read manuals of products they haven't bought just to find out certain information? The D50 manual doesn't mention anything about the commander mode or wireless lighting.

I agree with the part about searching, but that's not what ESPN suggested, and I also believe that's how he ended up with questions as he was reading other threads.

reflecx said:
Sorry hor, you mean people have to read manuals of products they haven't bought just to find out certain information?
So you mean to say, if you want to know something, don't read up on the information available, ask around is better? Then based on what people say, decide to buy? :think:

reflecx said:
The D50 manual doesn't mention anything about the commander mode or wireless lighting.
It does, wireless lighting is mentioned in the manual. Commander mode maybe not, I'm still searching through the PDF version online.

reflecx said:
I agree with the part about searching, but that's not what ESPN suggested, and I also believe that's how he ended up with questions as he was reading other threads.
There are at least a few threads about D50, CLS, remote triggering, SB-600, SB-800 off hand from what I remember by hanging around Nikon subforum everyday. It's all there.

reflecx said:
Sorry hor, you mean people have to read manuals of products they haven't bought just to find out certain information? The D50 manual doesn't mention anything about the commander mode or wireless lighting.

I donno about you but I do read the manual and user guide
if i want to find out about something, there is usually more info than the brouchures
the manuals can be found on the net.

espn said:
So you mean to say, if you want to know something, don't read up on the information available, ask around is better? Then based on what people say, decide to buy? :think:

Please don't twist what I said or didn't say. I specifically referred to reading product manuals, which is exactly what you meant by RTFM.

espn said:
It does, wireless lighting is mentioned in the manual. Commander mode maybe not, I'm still searching through the PDF version online.

Pray tell, what does it say about wireless lighting?

espn said:
There are at least a few threads about D50, CLS, remote triggering, SB-600, SB-800 off hand from what I remember by hanging around Nikon subforum everyday. It's all there.

I don't have a problem with that, but that's not what you said originally. You said "RTFM".

reflecx said:
Please don't twist what I said or didn't say. I specifically referred to reading product manuals, which is exactly what you meant by RTFM.
I didn't. Read your sentence earlier you wrote -
reflecx said:
Sorry hor, you mean people have to read manuals of products they haven't bought just to find out certain information?
Wasn't it implying that one don't need to read a manual unless one OWNS the product?

reflecx said:
Pray tell, what does it say about wireless lighting?
Download the PDF manual, do a search and you'll see.

reflecx said:
I don't have a problem with that, but that's not what you said originally. You said "RTFM".
Yeah, so what's wrong with RTFM?

Status
Not open for further replies.